Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Honda increased hood length for no reason but looks in MDX and TLX, so that has me worried about wasted length for sure.
This is a concern I share as well. You can make the vehicle as good looking as possible, but in this class utility reigns supreme and the bigger models will sell well just because of their size. If they are shrinking passenger/cargo space they will need something else pretty amazing to make up for it.

·
Registered
Home of the 302k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,193 Posts
This is a concern I share as well. You can make the vehicle as good looking as possible, but in this class utility reigns supreme and the bigger models will sell well just because of their size. If they are shrinking passenger/cargo space they will need something else pretty amazing to make up for it.
By the photo, looks to be squared off more in the back, unlike the slope of the 3rd gen.

Reactions: Ruturaj

·
Registered
473 Posts
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Cloud Vehicle registration plate
Car Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

It looks like it has incandescent rear turns signals and LED reflector headlights. :(

On the other hand, I see some additional front parking sensors and what looks like front and mirror-mounted cameras for a 360° view. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
looks like the MDX has either the J35 or for Type S, has the 3.0 turbo V6 option, which puts out 350+ hp & torque. Wonder if that’s what they mean By more powerful V6. Also could have been a marketing typo/mistake. But I guess we’ll find out soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 162219 View attachment 162220

It looks like it has incandescent rear turns signals and LED reflector headlights. :(

On the other hand, I see some additional front parking sensors and what looks like front and mirror-mounted cameras for a 360° view. :)

Oops 😬
I saw the same pics on cnet and shared those in new thread.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah even if they “untuned” the Honda version by a few hp/ft*lb, it would still be significantly “more powerful” than the current J35, which is what folks who tow have been wanting/asking for on Pilot & Ridgeline.

·
Registered
473 Posts
looks like the MDX has either the J35 or for Type S, has the 3.0 turbo V6 option, which puts out 350+ hp & torque. Wonder if that’s what they mean By more powerful V6. Also could have been a marketing typo/mistake. But I guess we’ll find out soon.
Of course, Honda could change their mind, but when the 3.0T debuted, they said, "The TLX Type S, arriving next spring, will be powered by an all-new Acura exclusive 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine developed for Type S levels of performance."

If anything, it might be an updated J35, but I'd expect it to have appeared in the new MDX, which it didn't.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
“Powerful new v6 engine” makes me wonder if they are dropping the 3.0t in there and moving on from the j35
Just to temper any expectation for those hoping.

"Powerful new V6 engine" in Honda speak means the same exact engine with the same exact specs as the current Pilot. It's already one of the fastest "standard performance" models in this class. I'd like to see the 10 speed make its way over since it seems to get better reviews even though the 9 speed seems to function really well right now.

Also - I concur with @zroger73 that ANY incandescent is unacceptable at the price point this vehicle will sell at. I'm not as heartbroken about the LED headlights being reflectors, some projectors are awful while some reflectors are great so I'll save my judgement for this actual vehicle.

Hard to totally judge, but I like what I'm seeing so far and am hopeful.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts