Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am facing unknown issue with my car, sometimes while I'm driving the car all of sudden the car will go off/on off/on, even the check engine light going off/on, this is really happening "once a week"

Moreover the OBD shows only error code P0685

·
Registered
853 Posts
Start by replacing your battery. Random flashing lights on the dash almost always indicates a battery that is going bad.
This. You have a battery on the way out.

It's funny all these battery posts start popping up as the OE batteries are ending their lifecycle exaggerated by the onset on hotter weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, I'll do that and will see if it going to fix this issue, actually it may take long time till came back again
Thanks for support

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
That was pretty damn cool ! lol ... I assume your using premium gas? I cant even gream of getting 500 miles to the tank ..also a red hazard button? is that a mod ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was pretty damn cool ! lol ... I assume your using premium gas? I cant even gream of getting 500 miles to the tank ..also a red hazard button? is that a mod ?
I am from Saudi Arabia, and the specs of the car special for middle eastern area, such as the km instead of miles
However my pilot from Alabama factory

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Hope you get your issue resolved :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, my OEM battery just up and flat out died- no jump, not nothing. Absolutely dead. Had no idea what it was. After 3.5 years. Had to tow it in, new, premium battery (better last longer than 3.5 years too). South TX summers are bad-probably not as bad as Saudi deserts though- I now have the next battery scheduled to be swapped out at 4 years down the road.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I guess whats saving mine is the fact that i'm driving 99% highway miles ranging from the NYC to upstate NY . Even though eventually I'll have to replace mine .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Start by replacing your battery. Random flashing lights on the dash almost always indicates a battery that is going bad.
Unfortunately replacing the battery didn't solve the issue
unfortunately replacing the battery didn't solve the problem Issue with 2015 pilot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, we had that same issue but it was after the dealer tried to do the valve adjustments during the timing belt change. It ended up being an emissions issue - the manifold gasket was damaged.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,047 Posts
Check the condition of the battery positive cable, battery negative cable, alternator cable, and any thick cable from chassis to the engine block. You’re looking for loose connections, corrosion, etc.

If you have a voltmeter also verify your alternator outputs ~14.4 volts with engine running (headlights, ac, fans off) and ~14.2 volts with mentioned items turned on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts