Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are still Pilot-less (and for those of you who are just curious), here are the latest prices from UBS (United Buying Service) which several members in previous threads have said that their local dealers beat the UBS price slightly... But if you qualify for UBS, and don't like to haggle, here's the pre-negotiated price list: <table border=1 cellspacing=2 cellpadding=5><caption>2003 Honda Pilot<th> </th><th>TRIM LEVEL</th><th>MFG RETAIL</th><th>UBS WHOLESALE</th><th>SAVINGS</th><tr><td><b>1</b></td><td>LX </td><td>$27,360.00</td><td>$26,030.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1330.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>2</b></td><td>EX </td><td>$29,730.00</td><td>$28,524.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1206.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>3</b></td><td>EX-L </td><td>$30,980.00</td><td>$29,697.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1283.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>4</b></td><td>EX-L RES</td><td>$32,480.00</td><td>$31,305.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1175.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>5</b></td><td>EX-L NAV</td><td>$32,980.00</td><td>$31,775.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1205.00</td></tr></table>

·
Registered
316 Posts
You don't want to know what I paid...

...Ordered first week the Pilot was released = $$$$$

...Live in the Bay Area = $$$$$

...Countless, happy road trips (22,000+ miles in 1 year) = PRICELESS!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: You don't want to know what I paid...

nighthawk said:
...Ordered first week the Pilot was released = $$$$$

...Live in the Bay Area = $$$$$

As the saying goes " youre going to PAY if youre going to be the first on your block with a new model " !

sound like it was worth it for you, just don't try and trade it in anytime soon. :4:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: You don't want to know what I paid...

nighthawk said:

WOW...the warranty does'nt last too long for you does it ;)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: You don't want to know what I paid...

tonyrwc said:
just don't try and trade it in anytime soon. :4:
Yes but when we both sell our 7 year old Pilots, I will have gotten 8 years of use out of it.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: Re: You don't want to know what I paid...

N_Jay said:

Yes but when we both sell our 7 year old Pilots, I will have gotten 8 years of use out of it.
it all evens out it the end....
pay more for new model = one more year of driving
pay less at model year end = one year less of driving..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: Re: You don't want to know what I paid...

ramirami said:

WOW...the warranty does'nt last too long for you does it ;)
Oh yeah!!! Just reminded me that the $$$$$ I paid included the 7 years 100,000 mile warranty. Although at the rate I'm goin', it will expire in less than 5 years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
kemosabe said:
For those of you who are still Pilot-less (and for those of you who are just curious), here are the latest prices from UBS (United Buying Service) which several members in previous threads have said that their local dealers beat the UBS price slightly... But if you qualify for UBS, and don't like to haggle, here's the pre-negotiated price list:...
I've never used UBS. How does it work? Does one take delivery at a "local" dealer when buying through UBS? :confused:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: United Buying Service

vkarcher said:

I've never used UBS. How does it work? Does one take delivery at a "local" dealer when buying through UBS? :confused:
I don't have the typing fingers today to splain it all :(

...perhaps you can take a look at the UBS web site for additional information... :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
For those of you who are still Pilot-less (and for those of you who are just curious), here are the latest prices from UBS (United Buying Service) which several members in previous threads have said that their local dealers beat the UBS price slightly... But if you qualify for UBS, and don't like to haggle, here's the pre-negotiated price list: <table border=1 cellspacing=2 cellpadding=5><caption>2003 Honda Pilot<th> </th><th>TRIM LEVEL</th><th>MFG RETAIL</th><th>UBS WHOLESALE</th><th>SAVINGS</th><tr><td><b>1</b></td><td>LX </td><td>$27,360.00</td><td>$26,030.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1330.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>2</b></td><td>EX </td><td>$29,730.00</td><td>$28,524.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1206.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>3</b></td><td>EX-L </td><td>$30,980.00</td><td>$29,697.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1283.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>4</b></td><td>EX-L RES</td><td>$32,480.00</td><td>$31,305.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1175.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>5</b></td><td>EX-L NAV</td><td>$32,980.00</td><td>$31,775.00</td><td bgcolor=orange>$1205.00</td></tr></table>
Most interesting, kemosabe. I checked out UBS back in early December. At that time, only one Honda dealership in MD was participating (in Catonsville, can't recall name). But I do remember the UBS price for the basic vehicle: Pilot EX = $29,025. On the way back home from Catonsville, we stopped in to Criswell Honda in Germantown and asked them to meet the UBS price, which they readily did (wish now I had thrown out a lower number). And we ended up driving our Pilot home that nite.

Your post also shows that the UBS price has come down about $500 from what was quoted me for the EX in December. But I don't think the current UBS prices are any bargain....as you say, kemo, people should probably negotiate on their own unless they absolutely want to avoid the hassle factor.

P.S. Kemo, how did you get ahold of this nice little list? UBS would not divulge any price info. to me.....the UBS representative said I MUST make an appt. with a certain salesman at the Catonsville dealership, at which time he'd show me the price list.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: United Buying Service

Ziploc said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

P.S. Kemo, how did you get ahold of this nice little list? UBS would not divulge any price info. to me.....the UBS representative said I MUST make an appt. with a certain salesman at the Catonsville dealership, at which time he'd show me the price list.
Ziploc: At work, UBS has several identical binders with ALL the prices for all the vehicles that are available for pre-negotiated prices... I just sat down yesterday and copied the prices down for the Pilot... :)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
just checked the prices on carsdirect.com . For my zip code they beat these prices.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
UBS vs carsdirect.com

<table border=1 cellspacing=2 cellpadding=5><caption>2003 Honda Pilot<th> </th><th>TRIM LEVEL</th><th>MFG RETAIL</th><th>UBS WHOLESALE</th><th>Carsdirect.com(zip=60004)</th><tr><td><b>1</b></td><td>LX </td><td>$27,360.00</td><td>$26,030.00</td><td bgcolor>$26,363.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>2</b></td><td>EX </td><td>$29,730.00</td><td>$28,524.00</td><td bgcolor>$28,493.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>3</b></td><td>EX-L </td><td>$30,980.00</td><td>$29,697.00</td><td bgcolor>$29,616.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>4</b></td><td>EX-L RES</td><td>$32,480.00</td><td>$31,305.00</td><td bgcolor>$30,964.00</td></tr><tr><td><b>5</b></td><td>EX-L NAV</td><td>$32,980.00</td><td>$31,775.00</td><td bgcolor>$31,413.00</td></tr></table>

·
Registered
747 Posts
My friend bought his pilot just recently, still can't knock out much from MSRP. Damn Bay area:mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just took a quick look at carsdirect prices for a few NJ zip codes and their "discounted" price is $2000 OVER list!:eek:

I may be in the market for a CRV one of these days so I checked those too and at least they are at MSRP.

Can't believe the regional price differences.

·
Registered
602 Posts
East Coast Prices

I live in MD and couldn't find anyone who would sell me a EX-L for better than $1000 below MSRP. I bought in Ohio and paid a few hundred over invoice. Definitely worth the drive.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Why not?

ShorePilot said:

Can't believe the regional price differences.
Why not?

Their costs from salaries and taxes, to the building and utilities vary greatly, so why would you expect all dealers to live on the same margin?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why not?

Their costs from salaries and taxes, to the building and utilities vary greatly, so why would you expect all dealers to live on the same margin?
Actually I was speaking specifically of the prices rami came up with using a Chicago 'burb zip code - the cost of living there is probably very similar to the cost of living in the NYC 'burb zip codes I used, yet carsdirect price was more than 4k higher around here.

Overheads certainly play into the final price of a car but the overwhelming majority of the dealer's cost comes from the "invoice" price they pay Honda for that car and that doesn't change on a regional basis. So, it must be more of a case of supply and demand if all else is equal or near equal, I guess.

Or maybe carsdirect hasn't updated their pricing in my area since last year when 2k over list was commonplace. Who knows, like I said just guessing. :confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
ShorePilot said:

Actually I was speaking specifically of the prices rami came up with using a Chicago 'burb zip code - the cost of living there is probably very similar to the cost of living in the NYC 'burb zip codes I used, yet carsdirect price was more than 4k higher around here.
------------------
Are you crazy, NYC is way more expensive than the Chicago burbs. It is even more expensive then Chicago DownTown!
---------------------
Overheads certainly play into the final price of a car but the overwhelming majority of the dealer's cost comes from the "invoice" price they pay Honda for that car and that doesn't change on a regional basis. So, it must be more of a case of supply and demand if all else is equal or near equal, I guess.

Yep definetly suppy and demand. We have a wonderfull free market system. (The way it should be)

But even though the majority of the cost of the VEHICLE is the invoice, ALL of the dealers other costs must be covered in the margin.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts