Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Honda Pilot but seems like there is some workmanship issue with my car. I recently discovered the interior surface of the tailgate has a plastic panel that runs along the outer edges and the left side plastic panel has a visible gap between it and the metal frame tailgate door. Comparing both sides, I found the right side panel is completely sealed to the metal frame. I am worry that water can seep into the inside of the left side panel.
Does anybody check their tailgate interior surface yet? Just curious to see if this is a common flaw of the 2003 Pilot.

·
Registered
310 Posts
navirado,

Welcome to the board. Just for the sake of organization, you might want to move this thread to the "Problems" category.

Also, if you could post a picture of what you are talking about, it would help. Generally speaking, I would not think that an interior trim piece would serve to keep water our, but a picture would help me to know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See the gap (dark spot) on the far left corner ...separation of plastic mold from the metal frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I wouldn't think that this would present a water problem although I would have it looked at by the dealer, if I were you. Is the plastic loose or just not fully seated?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thanks for the pics, navirado. I hope your dealer will properly take care of that for you. After seeing your post, I went out and took a look at my own fit & finish of the door and I discovered a simliar problem.

My f&f problem is actually at the opposite end of the door, at the top. The plastic part above the back window is rather lose, so, I'm gonna have my dealer take care of it when I go in to have my wind deflector uninstalled.

I never would've checked it out if it wasn't for your post and I wanted to thank you for that. Gotta love this website:D

·
Registered
310 Posts
RipRockK,

I have the same loose piece. Let me know if you get it fixed before I do.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I had the same loose piece of trim across the top of the back window. The tabs inside were broken. The dealer ordered a replacement part but the new one was broken in transit so they had to order another one. I have yet to go in to get it fixed.
I checked the fit of the rear panel at the bottom by the latch and fortunately mine is nice and snug on both sides.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like a lot of us have the same problem with the loose trim at the top half of the tailgate. Do you think it is meant to be that way or has anyone have theirs fit snugly (no gaps)with the frame?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I checked mine after reading the post and it looks to fit snug.

Chris

·
Registered
469 Posts
Loose trim

I just walked out into the garage and checked ours - it looks fine...
:2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
checked mine as well, and all is well.....finally an issue I dont have

1 - 15 of 15 Posts