Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2019 Elite 13k... looking for a recommendation to improve braking performance. I'm having major issue with fading and highway speed traffic braking. it seems like the rotors and pads are fine...

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Yup, seems like unsatisfactory OEM brakes have been an Achilles' heel for Pilots since Generation 1.

There are lots of alternative preferences out there, but the ones that finally gave me joy are this Centric kit from site sponsor Rockauto.com:

More Information for CENTRIC 90640061

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/h...lf-dot3-or-dot4-opinions.162781/#post-1614889

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/front-end-replacement-time.164604/#post-1623451

Aside from that they give Californians cancer and prevent them from reproducing, they've been great. :)
Attention California Customers - WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Of course, get a set that fits your model year.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Pilot brakes suck. My Ridgeline brakes did too. I'm sure there's something aftermarket to make them better. I haven't looked myself

·
Banned
379 Posts
Using better pads is a start, but it's the system itself that's garbage. It's just not a good brake system. I've had old beaters that had better brakes than this car. I love my pilot, but Honda is cheaping out here and there lately.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recently installed EBC SUV front brake pads(Amazon) and replaced the brake fluid with a much higher wet/dry boiling temp than OEM. The brakes are much stronger now with zero fade. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
831 Posts
Didn't someone recommend using a different type of brake line to help? Also pads and rotors are so cheap and easy to replace, upgrading would be the first thing to do. Although the EBCs seem very expensive so I'd have to be convinced they're worth it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Has anyone checked to see if the MDX brakes are any larger? Heck, the Odyssey brakes might also be larger due to its greater girth and heft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts