Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2017 Pilot touring, just wondering if anyone else finds the driver seat in the pilot extremely uncomfortable? Specifically it does not support my middle/whole back, and instead of being ergonomic I feel that it hunches my back forward. The lumbar support I feel is too low on my back instead of being on the sweet spot. I’ve tried removing the lumbar support and multiple back supports with no success. Just curious if anyone else has this same experience? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
172 Posts
I can’t say that I have had the same experience as you. I really like the seats in my 2018 EX. I hope you find a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently got a 2019 Touring which may have the same seats as yours. I find them comfortable. It took s few minutes of fiddling to get a setting I liked but no problem with comfort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2017 Pilot touring, just wondering if anyone else finds the driver seat in the pilot extremely uncomfortable? Specifically it does not support my middle/whole back, and instead of being ergonomic I feel that it hunches my back forward. The lumbar support I feel is too low on my back instead of being on the sweet spot. I’ve tried removing the lumbar support and multiple back supports with no success. Just curious if anyone else has this same experience? Thanks
In my 2017 Touring AWD I found the driver and passenger seats really uncomfortable. I can't comment about the 2nd and 3rd rows since I rarely sat back there. I also didn't like all the quirky shifting, strange shifting noises, and other annoyances that I heard and/or experienced. I traded it in for a '19 Elite. So far so good and the seats feels much better.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Honda's are well known to have difficult seats to get comfortable in. Once you find your sweet spot, don't let anyone change it or you'll start the process all over again. They are firmly padded which means all of your angles need to be perfect for your body.

Personally, I find the bolsters a little too narrow for my ribcage width, the Traverse has extra seat width that really makes a difference in seat comfort for me. But I have and can drive the Pilot for 3-5 hours without issue.

Reactions: Ioiwin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my 2017 Touring AWD I found the driver and passenger seats really uncomfortable. I can't comment about the 2nd and 3rd rows since I rarely sat back there. I also didn't like all the quirky shifting, strange shifting noises, and other annoyances that I heard and/or experienced. I traded it in for a '19 Elite. So far so good and the seats feels much better.
What are the differences you’ve noticed between the 19 elite and 17 touring?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone had any experience in reupholstering the seat cushion or can provide and insight on difficulty etc?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This may sound stupid but, do you guys sit with your butt all the way as back far as you can into the seat so you are straight up or do you kind of slouch in the seat? I find that when I slouch in the seat the lumbar support moves to the right spot and it’s more comfortable, but I cannot drive this way for a long time.

Also how far do you guys like you lumbar support?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same complaints as OP, lumbar is far to low and hardly goes out. It feels like the only 2 settings are flat back restaurant booth and full on Quasimodo. I've tried many adjustments and have yet to find a good position. I'm 6'0", my wife does find it comfortable though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Initially, I felt the exact same way. Having the car over a year now, I’m fine. I think it’s like a new pair of sneakers. Initially, some soreness in different spots, but over time, the body adjusts. I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses. I like the car otherwise. I’ve tried it all, cushions, back supports, even opened the back up and put extra padding in there. No luck....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Currently on a road trip in the wife's 2018 Pilot Touring...not the most comfortable seat especially compared to my 2019 Lexus RX but not the worst I've driven either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OP: What are your body dimensions? That may help explain your dilemma.
I’m your average 5 10, 180 lb. I really think it has to do with the low lumbar support And lack of middle support. This is the only car I’ve ever had problems with. ???????

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m built similar to you and I’m not having that problem. The seats seem fine to me. If you have a back injury or other back problem it could affect your comfort. Have you tried reclining the front seat up as far as possible? So the seat front is up and the lower back is down lower? Sort of reclined.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m built similar to you and I’m not having that problem. The seats seem fine to me. If you have a back injury or other back problem it could affect your comfort. Have you tried reclining the front seat up as far as possible? So the seat front is up and the lower back is down lower? Sort of reclined.
Are you meaning the seat bottom all the way up for more thigh support? Curious how all of you have your seats adjusted? I know everyone is different but...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve adjusted mine using the horizontal button on the side of the seat. I lift the front and lower the rear. It brings up my thighs and legs and lowers my back so I’m almost in a recliner position.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Yes. I have a 2017 Pilot as well and it is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever ridden in. It has actually caused me a large amount of low back and leg pain. Has anyone found an aftermarket seat you can get to replace the seat in the pilot?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts