Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While traveling cross country for two weeks somewhere along the way I must have caught a rock flying and it hit my fog light and broke the glass that protects the bulb. So I took it to the Honda Dealership here in Wichita Falls, TX and they told me that my only option was to BUY a whole new fog light kit for $389. At this point being very frustrated, I called another dealership from my home town Killeen, TX. The guy there said that he would research it and call me back....45 minutes later he calls back and said that the guy in Wichita Falls was correct, you have to pay for a whole new kit of let me say again $389!! He also said that some Honda models are like that and some you can just buy the protective glass. I am so frustrated right now, I have got a broken fog light (light still works) and refuse to pay $389 for a lens. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Str8paid said:
While traveling cross country for two weeks somewhere along the way I must have caught a rock flying and it hit my fog light and broke the glass that protects the bulb. So I took it to the Honda Dealership here in Wichita Falls, TX and they told me that my only option was to BUY a whole new fog light kit for $389. At this point being very frustrated, I called another dealership from my home town Killeen, TX. The guy there said that he would research it and call me back....45 minutes later he calls back and said that the guy in Wichita Falls was correct, you have to pay for a whole new kit of let me say again $389!! He also said that some Honda models are like that and some you can just buy the protective glass. I am so frustrated right now, I have got a broken fog light (light still works) and refuse to pay $389 for a lens. Any suggestions?:confused:
Call Tim @ hondacuraworld.com

Old thread on same question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Tim with HondaAcuraWorld and I got the fog light for $89.60. Thanks for the help, I love this site, the people and most of all my PILOT.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Str8paid said:
I called Tim with HondaAcuraWorld and I got the fog light for $89.60. Thanks for the help, I love this site, the people and most of all my PILOT.
Ditto... called Tim @ HAW and ordered a replacement for my busted left fog light at the same price!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Suggestion

For everyone out there in 'FOG LIGHT' world, you may want to install some of the 3M 'ScotchCal' headlight protection film to avoid more problems with broken glass from rock. This is similar to the invisible bra film, except about half-again thicker. I think there may be a couple manufacturers for it. I use this stuff on my motorcycle headlight and it works GREAT!!!.

Good luck!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, apparently being here in "fog light world" I had no idea there was such an animal. Please tell me where to get it.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Str8paid said:
Well, apparently being here in "fog light world" I had no idea there was such an animal. Please tell me where to get it.
You might try a PM to wwong. He has offered 3M products for sale here for similar types of projects--not sure if he has the thicker stuff, though.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Str8paid said:
I bought mine pre-cut to fit my headlight at my local MC stealer - but I have seen it available on line as well. If you have a local MC shop nearby, you might check there and simply buy a size that can be cut to fit two fog lights. Should cost you about $20. Money well spent!!!

BTW, I will be in WF tomorrow night on my first day of my trip! I'll wave!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
robrecht said:
You might try a PM to wwong. He has offered 3M products for sale here for similar types of projects--not sure if he has the thicker stuff, though.
There is a good chance that wwong will have a source - GOOD IDEA!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Be careful....

Fog light lens get very hot. If there is no air flowing over them, they can crack. The plastic covering might retain too much heat in the lens and not allow them to cool sufficently enough.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
About the fog light price... $90 ? Can I just skip the foglight on my brand new pilot and buy this set of foglights and install it myself? How much work would be involved?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it's my understanding that I'm paying $90 for the lens or the part that is attatched to the lens. What you are wanting is the fog lights, which I believe is a whole kit including the plastic things that surrond the lights and mold to the body of the car, the wiring, the button for the inside of the car etc. So someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want the factory look, then no you cannot do it that way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ah ok that was what I'm afraid of... I wouldn't want to cut holes in the fender and dash myself. For my civic I have some holes in the front bumper with a plastic piece covering them- I always figured this was where they pop in the fog lights, so I thought it would be pretty simple to install them with mounting them and wiring them.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
kemosabe said:
Ditto... called Tim @ HAW and ordered a replacement for my busted left fog light at the same price!!!
Quoting my own post probably falls under the category of bad etiquette, but here goes anyway... :p

There is no way to purchase just the lens -- it's a sealed unit (except for the bulb) so you have to purchase the complete assembly.

Received my replacement fog light yesterday from Tim @ HAW via UPS:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts