Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L 264k miles (RIP)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started suddenly when making a right turn. Different metal scraping sounds turning left and right while moving, no noise going straight. Caliper bushing thingy maybe? Newer brakes and the bushing thing that has to be compressed did look like crap.
Brakes aren't grabbing while driving, only when I hit the pedal. Right might not be grabbing at all but I can't tell. Going to a mechanic tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would like to clarify that I meant the piston thing may be acting up and causing brake issues.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts

·
Registered
10,234 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Went to Meineke (I know) and the guy said the nut came off and it jacked the bearing up. 860 to do rotors, bearing and brakes. I asked him to just do the bearing, which he wanted 560 for, just to press a new bearing in.

Woman and I took the kids to get food and the thinkin' part of my brain started tingling.
"If the nut came off, wouldn't the plastic nut cover be gone?"
He didn't call back for a couple hours so we went back over and the cover was still on. Nut didn't fall off.

I go in and he says "Why don't you take it for a drive and tell me what you think?"
Okay. I hop in, do some low speed hard turns and everything is fine. I go back in and he says they tightened the nut, "Have a safe trip."
I made sure to let him know I appreciate his honesty and that he's a good man. Idk if all of ya'll believe in God or not but things like that remind me to shut up and be thankful. Keep your faith. In people and Divinity.

Edit: I was going to get my hands on the bearing before I paid.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Thank God you didn't lose your left nut. :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I go back in and he says they tightened the nut, "Have a safe trip."
I made sure to let him know I appreciate his honesty and that he's a good man. Idk if all of ya'll believe in God or not but things like that remind me to shut up and be thankful. Keep your faith. In people and Divinity.
Not too many Meineke shops deserve any praise but you found a “good” one. Write that shop a positive review describing your experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts