Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would show everyone what the 2012-2015 Pilot looks like that went to the UAE.

Headlight assemblies were updated in US only. All other markets kept the 2009-2011 design throughout "the box" production run.
UAE had chrome covered bumper corners and chrome covered side-view mirrors standard (available in US as accessories).
UAE had black fender arch trim standard (available in US as accessories).
UAE had different rear bumper trim mimicking the front skid plate, only on UAE models. The silver may be something that attaches to the same bumper trim used in the US.
Front Bumper trim was an accessory in RU, UA and standard in UAE. Not available in the US.

Inside, RU, UA and UAE had adjustable headlight hight.
Center stack was not updated for the RU/UA market where it kept the 2009-2011 design but the frosty green was replaced with gloss black.
RU/UA had headlight washers standard along with outboard, 2nd row heated seats.

Since I made my Pilot to mimic the RU/UA Pilot on the outside except the headlight assemblies, I did not include there external differences on this post.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can probably add a few other observations on export spec Pilots:

*hazard button is red, black for USDM
*2nd row center passenger headrest is bigger, USDM are smaller and flush to the seats
*no privacy glass, only USDM has it (I think)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
If You can't order the bumper crap in the US .. what about Canada ? they have enough ties to Europe to be one of them :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can probably add a few other observations on export spec Pilots:

*hazard button is red, black for USDM
*2nd row center passenger headrest is bigger, USDM are smaller and flush to the seats
*no privacy glass, only USDM has it (I think)
Red hazard button is on the RU/UA models too. Middle headrest on the middle row in RU/UA was higher and is not adjustable.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If You can't order the bumper crap in the US .. what about Canada ? they have enough ties to Europe to be one of them :)
Its worth a shot because the only other options is to order it from a Honda dealer in that country and in most cases they will not ship to the US.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here’s the red hazard switch with a nice touch of glow at night....photo is deceiving though, it’s noticeable but not too bright to be distracted 👍

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Its worth a shot because the only other options is to order it from a Honda dealer in that country and in most cases they will not ship to the US.
No go Tried when I was back Home in Ontario apparently they depend on the US for their supply on things ...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Oh man, do I like the UAE rear bumper with the silver trim or the RU rear bumper with the rear fogs better... decisions, decisions...

The chrome bumper corner cap things look like stick on Ebay crap.

I personally like the 12-15 headlights we got better... personal preference.

Now if only we could get ventilated seats in our 2nd gens.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
No go Tried when I was back Home in Ontario apparently they depend on the US for their supply on things ...
Kind of crazy how most if not all of the parts we desire are made in the US and shipped to RU/UAE but we can't get our hands on them... dangit!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Kind of crazy how most if not all of the parts we desire are made in the US and shipped to RU/UAE but we can't get our hands on them... dangit!
I thought they were manufactured over in Japan and dropped shipped over those Euro guys..not even touching American soil ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
This has been a topic a long time ago and still hold true to this day...can’t get these edm parts sourced locally even to the point some of them are starting to get discontinued too...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
This has been a topic a long time ago and still hold true to this day...can’t get these edm parts sourced locally even to the point some of them are starting to get discontinued too...
Yes ...this is so true

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh man, do I like the UAE rear bumper with the silver trim or the RU rear bumper with the rear fogs better... decisions, decisions...

The chrome bumper corner cap things look like stick on Ebay crap.

I personally like the 12-15 headlights we got better... personal preference.

Now if only we could get ventilated seats in our 2nd gens.
Canadian spec Pilots have the rear seat heaters, unsure if we can even retrofit to get ventilated seats. I did own an RDX with the ventilated seats and they were a great help on a really hot day.

Both UAE spec and Russian spec rear bumpers look nice, it really depends if you want looks over functionality. I personally chose the one with the rear fogs so I can justify to myself the cost involved to source them 👍

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Canadian spec Pilots have the rear seat heaters, unsure if we can even retrofit to get ventilated seats. I did own an RDX with the ventilated seats and they were a great help on a really hot day.

Both UAE spec and Russian spec rear bumpers look nice, it really depends if you want looks over functionality. I personally chose the one with the rear fogs so I can justify to myself the cost involved to source them 👍
If you can get your hands on the parts anything can be retrofitted... Problem is it would be cheaper to go through one of the companies that will install an aftermarket ventilation system and perforated covers for you most likely.

The RU bumper would be the way to go if I were going for a complete blackout, but I do like some contrast and I like the flourish of the UAE rear bumper.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Pilots are built in the US including the parts that went to RU/UA and UAE. There is an old post on here somewhere when the 09 Pilot came out. One of the workers who worked at the plant was on here and was able to get the RU/UA taillights for a while because they were being assembled in the same plant with the NA ones. The Pilot is not sold in Japan or any other part of Europe. Therefore you will wind up paying double tax on the parts. Tax to ship from US to the country of destination and tax to ship back. I do not understand why Honda makes their American variants so bla when they create awesome looking machines in other countries.

Take the CR-V for example. Japan/China gets both the CR-V and the Breeze which looks so much better but is the same vehicle on the inside and under the hood.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
An idea for ventilated seats that might work except for if you have black interior is to look into replacing the seats with the ones in an 05-2014 Ridgeline RTL or SE. The seats are not ventilated but the leather was perforated which helps. My back is always drenched from driving my Pilot because the leather is not at least perforated.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
An idea for ventilated seats that might work except for if you have black interior is to look into replacing the seats with the ones in an 05-2014 Ridgeline RTL or SE. The seats are not ventilated but the leather was perforated which helps. My back is always drenched from driving my Pilot because the leather is not at least perforated.
I would love to rip out those leather seats and go with cloth ..both of my 06's have cloth and I love it .. looking at katskins at this point

1 - 20 of 20 Posts