Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
New member here, just bought a 2020 Honda Pilot EX in white last week. Always been a car guy for as long as I can remember, last cars were 2006 Acura RSX Type-S A-Spec, 2015 Ford Focus ST and finally 2017 Honda CRV. Since the family is growing, I needed more space in the trunk in order to fit the stroller and all the wifey stuff.

Now that the introduction is done, I had a question more on the technical side.

I came across a set of Honda Civic Type R (latest gen) wheels for sale on facebook marketplace.

Absolutely love the look of it, although I'm not totally sure they will fit my Pilot.

The specs of the Type R wheels:
Diameter: 20
Width: 8.5
Offset: +60 mm
PCD: 5x120

The specs of a Pilot on 20's:
Diameter: 20
Width: 9
Offset: +45 mm
PCD: 5x120

My main concern is the weight rating on the type R wheels.

What are your thoughts? If the weight rating is not an issue which tire size would you recommend?

Thanks and have a nice one out there !

FYI There's a similar post on ridgeline owners club:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I'd love to see this happen. But your concern is really valid. I doubt you'll be able to find anyone that will actually tell you the weight rating of the wheels so you'll either take the risk or not. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
In regards to weight rating I think the Civic wheels should be fine. Just keep in mind that the Civic wheel&tire combo will be positioned a bit closer to the Pilot front strut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got in touch with my Honda dealer to verify with them. Turns out everyting seems to be fine with the fitment. I wasn't sure about break clearance but his software confirmed that theres enough space. Plus the Type R is running Brembo brakes so There has to be clearance. Might aswell order 1'' spacers if unsure. As for the weight rating he wasn't concerned at all about it. Just contacted the guy selling them and I'll probably make the move.

I Will post pictures when they will be installed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pretty much same spec as I'll correct you on the pilot spec 20x8 +55 offset Vs type r 20x8.5 +60. As far as the brembo clear that more of the wheel design not must specs. There is one rinder on youtube with the pilot on these wheel but it also dropped.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Historically on this forum anyone asking about putting Civic/Integra type wheels on a Pilot has been encouraged not to do it. Weight rating is the key.
The Civic is a 4000lb car loaded I suspect. A Pilot loaded has to be over 5500lbs and higher.
I'm surprised that the wheel bore size is the same. Ditto the PCD.

However the wheel stud of the Pilot is an M14 not M12 as on the Civic statistics that I can find....So seems to me, its not going to work....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts