Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two issues I was hoping someone would comment on.

1) About three weeks ago, my drivers side window would not automatically go down or up when you pressed or pulled the button out all the way. They reprogrammed the computer (or so they said) at my 7500 mile checkup, and it worked fine. About three days later, the same thing happened again. Anyone else had this issue?

2) It hasn't happened before, but I recently noticed that when I'm at a standstill and I turn the wheel, it sounds like I'm slowly opening a door with a rusty hinge. I hear a series of medium pitched noises as I turn, but when I turn going at least 5 mph or above, the noise is not there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Fireforge said:
I've got two issues I was hoping someone would comment on.

1) About three weeks ago, my drivers side window would not automatically go down or up when you pressed or pulled the button out all the way. They reprogrammed the computer (or so they said) at my 7500 mile checkup, and it worked fine. About three days later, the same thing happened again. Anyone else had this issue?

2) It hasn't happened before, but I recently noticed that when I'm at a standstill and I turn the wheel, it sounds like I'm slowly opening a door with a rusty hinge. I hear a series of medium pitched noises as I turn, but when I turn going at least 5 mph or above, the noise is not there. Any ideas?
1. It's easy to reprogram. It's happened to me once. Just pull up on the switch and hold it up for 10 seconds or so.

2. Don't turn the wheel when the vehicle is not moving. You're hearing the power steering working extra hard to turn the wheels.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

jay said:
2. Don't turn the wheel when the vehicle is not moving. You're hearing the power steering working extra hard to turn the wheels.
Reminds me of a joke. "Doctor., when I push here it hurts." Doctor says, "then don't push there."

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

guitarman said:
Reminds me of a joke. "Doctor., when I push here it hurts." Doctor says, "then don't push there."
I was thinking that, too.

I don't know if it's the case on cars now, but my Dad practically beat it into me not to turn the wheel unless the vehicle was moving, just the tiniest bit. He claimed that turning the wheel while standing still could cause premature ball joint failure. And the last the I want is premature ball joint failure.:D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

jay said:

I don't know if it's the case on cars now, but my Dad practically beat it into me not to turn the wheel unless the vehicle was moving, just the tiniest bit. He claimed that turning the wheel while standing still could cause premature ball joint failure. And the last the I want is premature ball joint failure.:D
Ditto.

In the pre-power steering days, you almost never turned the wheel without the vehicle moving. I think I recall my dad saying that it also caused the rubber to wear out quicker.

:eek: oh no, bad rubber!

oops - sorry, meant to say tires.

:D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

jay said:

Not only that, but it supposidly ruins your tires too. At least that is what I was always taught.

EDIT: Looks like sfhondapilot and I are on the same page. Guess I should start to post and watch TV at the same time. You never know when someone is thinking the same thing as you. Speaking of the old days, I am watching VH1 I love the 80's. God, it is funny watching what we did back, how we dressed, and what we thought was cool.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

FLPilot said:
Not only that, but it supposidly ruins your tires too. At least that is what I was always taught.

EDIT: Looks like sfhondapilot and I are on the same page. Guess I should start to post and watch TV at the same time. You never know when someone is thinking the same thing as you. Speaking of the old days, I am watching VH1 I love the 80's. God, it is funny watching what we did back, how we dressed, and what we thought was cool.
I believe that it's called dry steering, and my driver's ED course taught us that too.

FLPilot...LOL I can't stop watching that either. I was too young to understand what Cyndi Lauper was singing about in She-Bop...great. I think I sang that out loud ALOT. I still love the 80's music though. That is a hilarious show, we were such dorks! Brings back some good times! But I suppose we'll say that in a few years about these ultra lowrise bootcut jeans I wear too.
Thread hijacking done. Sorry fireforge.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

74PILOTMOM said:
I believe that it's called dry steering, and my driver's ED course taught us that too.

...snip

Just for grins, I tried it tonight before leaving work, and not a peep from the power steering. Dry steering was certainly less painful than dry heaves.:D :16:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

jay said:
Just for grins, I tried it tonight before leaving work....
Jay, my man. The things some people will do to have fun.:31:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

guitarman said:
Jay, my man. The things some people will do to have fun.:31:
:roadtrip: :19:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two Issues: Window and Turning

74PILOTMOM said:
Snipped......ultra lowrise bootcut jeans I wear.........

Ultra lowrise rules!!!!!!!!!! :D I don't think I will ever get tired of them!!!:2:
Oh and by the way!!!! :D
:needpics:

Matt

·
Registered
602 Posts
I must be out of it. What are ultra lowrise jeans? Are they the baggy ones that show your underwear?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
guitarman said:
I must be out of it. What are ultra lowrise jeans? Are they the baggy ones that show your underwear?
Ummm, not baggy.

Maybe this will help.

Lookin good 74pilotmom :D

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Exactly sfhondapilot!!! They could even be a little lower rise!:12:
Yes they do show underwear but no they are not baggy!!
Thank you 1970's!!!!!!!:10:

Matt

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ah Ha! You mean hip huggers!!!:2: I remember them from the 70's.

74PilotMom can still fit into her elementary school jeans?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Oh man. What did I start!? I sure don't look like that in mine!

My elementary school jeans had Kermit embroidered on the pockets. Not quite the visual you all ran with ;) Sorry

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well now you just ruined it for me.:mad:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I think we should look into more holy clothes:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
FLPilot,

74pilotmom looks even better in your pic :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: FLPilot,

sfhondapilot said:
74pilotmom looks even better in your pic :D
Now, now, I didn't say it was her (although she could be hot74pilotmom). I know better than to talk about another man's wife :runaway:

I'm starting to have flash backs of American Pie and the whole MILF thing now.

Um, what happened to the window and turning thread :confused:

Sorry OP (Fireforge) for what we have done. As you can tell sometimes we get carried away here with other topics, and of course most of the time they are better then the topic we were talking about.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts