Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Twisty tie rod boots

528 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  20Piloteer07
So I installed some new front end components, including tie rods and the tie rod dust boots. 2 or 3 weeks ago I took the pilot to a shop for an alignment, after which I noticed the dust boots were twisted on both passenger and driver side - they have holes now so they need to be replaced at this point.

To get twisted around like that, the only reasoning I can think of is that the inner tie rod was rotated for the adjustment, but the outer part of the boot was not held in place/loosened. It seems exactly like this post from a Taurus forum: Wheel alignment disappointment
This seems like the obvious answer but the shop doesn’t seem to agree - I’m not going crazy here am I? I’ve reallynever had an issue with this shop before, so any other opinion is appreciated.
Automotive tire Coil spring Automotive wheel system Tread Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Hood
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
170 Posts
So I installed some new front end components, including tie rods and the tie rod dust boots. 2 or 3 weeks ago I took the pilot to a shop for an alignment, after which I noticed the dust boots were twisted on both passenger and driver side - they have holes now so they need to be replaced at this point.

To get twisted around like that, the only reasoning I can think of is that the inner tie rod was rotated for the adjustment, but the outer part of the boot was not held in place/loosened. It seems exactly like this post from a Taurus forum: Wheel alignment disappointment
This seems like the obvious answer but the shop doesn’t seem to agree - I’m not going crazy here am I? I’ve reallynever had an issue with this shop before, so any other opinion is appreciated.
View attachment 162230
View attachment 162229
No way your at fault this was caused by the alignment place being incompetent and won’t take the hit put that place on blast on yelp to let people know what kind of establishment this is and lousy service

1 - 1 of 1 Posts