Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a TV tuner & antenna onto their RES? If so, what did you use? Did it work?

I hooked up rabbit ears onto a VCR, then used my Power Inverter to plug in the VCR. I hooked the video and audio outs to the RES accessory inputs, and it worked!!!!! I watched the Bronco game while my wife drove to the in-laws house.

I had crappy rabbit ears, so the picture faded in and out. But I still got to watch most of the game in my Pilot! Pretty cool. I was just looking for a less "cluttered" setup in the future, without spending big $$.

Jay

·
Registered
180 Posts
Damn good idea. Now you got me thinking..... :18: :29:

I was thinking of buying the cheapest and smallest VCR I can find for the Pilot anyway. My kids do have a huge VHS tape collection, even tho we switched to DVD awhile ago. So I guess I could hook up rabbit ears to the VCR and get TV reception as well. Reception would be horiible for the most part, but the closer we are to NYC or Philly, reception should improve.

I wonder.......

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've installed a TV tuner under the passenger seat. It's part of a whole video install. It actually controls all the input to the screens in my car. TV tuner, Video1 for DVD, Video2 for dedicated backup camera, and Video3 for auxiliary input for PS2 or camcorder.

Get a TV tuner with diversity antennae. They're the best, since the tuner hops between 4 different channels to get the best signal. I installed the antennae on the back windows. Here are some pics:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5662&perpage=15&pagenumber=5

·
Registered
664 Posts
Pangpang,
That's your MDX? That is an awesome job on the TV/ Video/ etc. system. Did you get that done or do it yourself?

Wow.:18:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts