Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday I saw a Pilot ad on tv for the first time. It was during "24" (on fox).
Showed a pilot woth two bikes unable to get throught a low tunnel so they drive below it on the mountain. Not bad (specially compared to other Honda ads):D :D :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have seen them a few times down here. Speaking of "24", I thought last night's episode was GREAT. Can't wait for next week!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
There seem to be a few indications here and there that Honda may be stepping up its advertising of the Pilot. Maybe to give a bump to the 04's coming out?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Cool. I recorded "24" last night and usually, I just fly through the commercials -- I'll have to pay more attention and look out for the Pilot ad when I watch it!! Thanks for the info, ramirami...!!! :7: Did the nuclear bomb go off yet???

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kemosabe said:
Cool. I recorded "24" last night and usually, I just fly through the commercials -- I'll have to pay more attention and look out for the Pilot ad when I watch it!! Thanks for the info, ramirami...!!! :7: Did the nuclear bomb go off yet???
they show a black pilot...in case you FF through the ads...

dude the nuclear bomb went off 2 or 3 episodes earlier...where have you been:D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw a Pilot ad during NYPD Blue a couple of nights ago (I think). The ad depicted a family atop a hillside, camping, having fun. At the end of the ad a small child said he was going to watch a DVD. My wife and I thought that the ad itself was pretty uninspiring.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ramirami said:
yesterday I saw a Pilot ad on tv for the first time. It was during "24" (on fox).
Showed a pilot woth two bikes unable to get throught a low tunnel so they drive below it on the mountain. Not bad (specially compared to other Honda ads):D :D :D

This is an old ad - I've seen it several times. I think it might be the the ad running at the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boiler1991 said:
. My wife and I thought that the ad itself was pretty uninspiring.
IMHO inspiring car ads. are rare...if ever!!:D ;)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Saw this one too

boiler1991 said:
I saw a Pilot ad during NYPD Blue a couple of nights ago (I think). The ad depicted a family atop a hillside, camping, having fun. At the end of the ad a small child said he was going to watch a DVD. My wife and I thought that the ad itself was pretty uninspiring.
I saw my first Pilot ad last night. I liked this commercial, however, because it definitely relates to families. If we had the RES, I'm sure my kids would ignore the outdoor fun to go watch Harry Potter or something. I can't believe it was the first time I've ever seen a Pilot on TV or in print. I was excited.
I would like a cool driving commercial, like the new XC 90 with the cool music, or the Mitsubishi Endeavor rolling through town. My 3 year old thinks thats our car on TV. EEK. Hope he see's the new Pilot commercial, just to set him straight.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My son saw this: He said the first time he saw that ad, the Pilot left the road at the tunnel on the right side of the screen, then reented the road from the left. After that, it had been corrected and Pilot went down and came back up on the same side of tunnel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Old Pilot Ad

Anyone remember the first Pilot ad late last spring? It never showed the outside of the Pilot. It was shot from the inside as it went up a steep hill. Rain and mud hit the windshield as the wipers tried to keep the window clear. At the end, an announcer said something about a new SUV coming soon from Honda. I only saw it a few times.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my3kids said:
My son saw this: He said the first time he saw that ad, the Pilot left the road at the tunnel on the right side of the screen, then reented the road from the left. After that, it had been corrected and Pilot went down and came back up on the same side of tunnel.
first model year problems....:D

·
Registered
465 Posts
I remember the ad from last summer where the really dirty guys jump in a black Pilot with leather and one of them pushes one of the control buttons (radio, a/c, can't remember) with his muddy finger and the mud stays on the button. I think they had been playing soccer or something.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I DID see one then

I saw that one too, I didn't even realize it was a Pilot commercial...wasn't shopping for one then.
I think the guys were riding motorcycles...my husband would have loved that commercial!
I wish we could view all commercials and print ads at the Honda website.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
catbert said:
I remember the ad from last summer where the really dirty guys jump in a black Pilot with leather and one of them pushes one of the control buttons (radio, a/c, can't remember) with his muddy finger and the mud stays on the button. I think they had been playing soccer or something.
Sounds like a real winner. I hope the Pilot focus groups that Honda has been conducting lead to a more inspired marketing campaign than we've seen thus far. :mblah:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ziploc said:

Sounds like a real winner. I hope the Pilot focus groups that Honda has been conducting lead to a more inspired marketing campaign than we've seen thus far. :mblah:
they are car ads. ...cannot be too good...:D :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
ramirami said:

Saw the 'bikes on roof' Pilot ad last night on Animal Planet and also saw the new one 'civilized on road and capable off road' a couple of days ago.

Beyond the Pilot ads....what do you think of the new Nissan ads. I like most of them (the ads that is), and saw a new one for the new Maxima yesterday while watching part of the Masters (I think).

<ad> this guy drops an orange from his grocery bag and it lands in the gutter near the front tire of a parked Maxima. He places his hand on the front fender of the Maxima to get leverage and then sees a 'vision' of all the things that the Maxima can do. When he snaps out of it, the orange is squashed and he's out of breath.>

good commercial

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ramirami said:

I disagree....I think there have been and continue to be very creative, interesting car ads.

One that quickly comes to mind featured a guy and girl slowly driving thru the streets of (looks like) Paris in (I think) a VW Passat with the radio playing a rhythmical tune. The couple are sort of taking in the sights along the street--street vendors, shopkeepers in front of their stores performing various tasks, etc.--when they come to realize everybody's moving to the beat of their music. The guy and gal just look at each other...and one of them says, "That was strange!"

A bit quirky, but one that I thought showed some appealing creativity.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ziploc said:

I disagree....I think there have been and continue to be very creative, interesting car ads.

ok I generalised....my bad...guess the bigger car companies do have lousy ads though...GM, ford , toyota sure have uninspiring ads.... (so I am generalising again);)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts