Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after having many Accords considering purchasing my first Honda Pilot and we are looking at the 2021 model.

I would like to know if the Honda Sensing options can all be turned off ?

If so do they remain off or do you have to turn them off each time you start the vehicle?

I appreciate your feedback b/c all of our past Honda did not have Honda Sensing.

Thank you
Steve

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
577 Posts
You can definitely turn them off.

It's been a while and to be honest the system is not overly intrusive at least definitely not enough to turn off.

It was funny bc I feel like the lane change warning has either gotten softer or I'm just used to it.

If i recall correctly there are 2 buttons.
The collision warning requires a hard press and hold for X seconds.

The lane change warning is press and release.

Good luck

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
I'm guessing that you have not had any prior experience with sensing type systems.

If so, I understand your concern. These systems take a little time to master, and learn how they like to work plus how to override the features. the features can be turned off, but, I rarely do.

its the lack of sensing type tech on wife's car that bugs me now. But she's not really that much into driving...so doesn't like to change cars much.

What is Honda Sensing® Suite? Features & More | Honda will definitely help you. Yes the features can be disabled.

·
Registered
426 Posts
On the open road the sensing works great. However on so of the roads I travel to and from work its terrible and I need to turn the braking off. I found if the roads a twisty and narrow the braking picks up everything. I lost count at the amount of times it has given me warnings on a 4 mile stretch of road I take. Honda has checked the alignment twice and say its in spec. The one tech did say he wished Honda would offer a few options of the width of beam setting

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I very much dislike the feature. I was riding with some on a 2 lane/2 way highway, and when they went to pass, the Civic slammed on the brakes, sensing the vehicle we were passing. I'm glad they no longer own the vehicle.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would like to know if the Honda Sensing options can all be turned off ?

If so do they remain off or do you have to turn them off each time you start the vehicle?
On a 2017 EX-L...

You can turn off collision mitigation using the button and it will stay off until you turn it back on. An amber indicator light will be displayed on the dash.
You can turn off lane departure using the button and it will stay off until you turn it back on. No light on the dash. Button has a light though.
You turn turn off adaptive cruise control and switch to normal (traditional) cruise control using the distance button on the steering wheel. I think it stays this way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a 2019 Accord as a courtesy vehicle from a dealer. I can tell you that after driving the vehicle for 2 days, the sensing is a little more intrusive and wonky than on our 2019 Pilot. Maybe it's because the Accord is lower to the ground than the Pilot, but I did have the brake alerts and steering input alerts come up when I don't think it should have.
But you can disable the LKAS, RDM and CMBS on the Pilot as others have stated.

·
Registered
21 SE awd in ssm
13 Posts
they turn off very easily and stay off. although i still get a red "brake" flashing on the dash sometimes. i assume the brake indicator is when it would auto brake and that is usually as much a a second before i would normally brake.(2 weeks new here)

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
I very much dislike the feature. I was riding with some on a 2 lane/2 way highway, and when they went to pass, the Civic slammed on the brakes, sensing the vehicle we were passing. I'm glad they no longer own the vehicle.

If you use your turn signal to indicate you are changing lanes then the collision mitigation system pauses while the signal is on so what you describe does not happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts