Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to turn off the drl's for kind of a stealth mode when you're parked with the car running ? there are times when hanging around listening to the radio waiting for someone especially at night and i don't want those super bright led lights on.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
640 Posts
It's in the owners manual. I believe you have to have ebrake already applied THEN start the car. Brake doesn't need to be on hard just enough to trigger the switch.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
You know she's eventually going to call the cops on you. :p

In my case, I installed LED high beams, which are also the DRLs with lower power, and I completely lost my DRLs. That's one way. This is for a first gen, though, and I believe it wouldn't be applicable to your model year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried it. it works. apply e brake, start car, no drl's. anyone know how this works?

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Wow! I did not know this. Piloteers.org continues to amaze me. 👍

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
If you use your parking brake as a matter of habit, you quickly realize this if you start your Pilot after dark. Also, there's that DRL light in your dash to clue you in.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Meh!

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you use your parking brake as a matter of habit, you quickly realize this if you start your Pilot after dark. Also, there's that DRL light in your dash to clue you in.
Not sure what DRL light is in the dash to clue you in? My 2019 only shows a dash light when the HEADLIGHTS are on, not the DRL's. During the day when the DRL's are on, there is no visible indication in the car to show they are on.

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
In my Canadian edition 2006, the letters DRL light up in orange the DRLs are not on.

I realize we're talking a bout a 3rd generation in this thread, so YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts