Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking everywhere for a way to tune my ‘10 exl. I’d like to put a j37 intake manifold and throttle body on, and then give it a jpipe aswell. I’ve heard obd2 runs open loop to 40% throttle then goes to hard maps in closed loop. It’s kind of silly that every other Honda or Acura has a way to tune but the pilots. Unless I am misinformed. Has anyone heard of a tuning platform that isn’t a mysterious magic box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
In my 3 years I've never seen anyone confirm they are tuning their Pilot. BUT there are some custom Pilots out there that must be running tunes... so I'd look to Hondata, RV6, ARK, and other Honda V6 tuners to discuss your options.

You might also want to do some searching on the V6Performance forum to see if any members there have done some work to their Pilot.

Reactions: africaguide

·
Registered
95 Posts
Emailed ktuner. If you go into the revisions for 1.2 it shows 3 ECU codes for pilots that are supported. So now it’s onto breathing better.
What have you heard back?
Is VCM disable included??

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They just said to check if your ECU code is listed in the revisions section of the manual. Mine was, a 2010. I didn’t check what the others would be. Didn’t ask about vcm. I’ll check to see if maybe we can disable it and maybe control vtec some how- but I’m guessing that would require more wires coming from Ecu.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Also not able to activate vtec on an ecu that has vcm.
Are you saying you think if the VCM is disabled, that vtec won't work??
Nooooooo, that can't be.

And where do I find my ECU code?
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you saying you think if the VCM is disabled, that vtec won't work??
Nooooooo, that can't be.

And where do I find my ECU code?
Thanks.
I can’t tell if you’re being facetious. And I believe it’s the 2nd to last set of characters.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Reactions: africaguide

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha. So my pilot has only vcm. I asked if I ran extra wires for the vtec if it would active. It’s been awhile since I’ve done any engine things after dseries....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks.
Yeah, my '19 touring has vtec & vcm, so I was very confused. lol. I put a S-VCM on it (inactivates the vcm, which reduced the vibrations) and vtec still works, just fine. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys. I've call K tuner if they have it for our Honda Pilots. And they said to check the numbers off the ECU. I checked mines and it has support. But it has only a base tune. I asked also if anyone got it for the Honda Pilot and they said there is a few out there. This is kinda good new for us. I've taken a screen shot of the supported Pilot's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Where do you find the ECU numbers?
And sad face that the list is 09-15, 2nd gen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My tuning idea really worked we'll and has boosted the output a real lot, it was pretty cheap and the performance is amazing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My tuning idea really worked we'll and has boosted the output a real lot, it was pretty cheap and the performance is amazing.
what was your idea, what did you do?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put on a new antenna and bought a power booster for they radio, the channels tune in better and I've go more watts of output! I'm pretty happy with the performance. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts