Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Toyota's website this morning. In all fairness to Honda, I realize that this is <b>not</b> a truck version of the Highlander... but this got me dreaming of a 4-door truck version of the Pilot.

I've read that there's tentative 2005 release for a trucked-out Pilot (CoPilot? :)). But... do ya'll think Honda would offer a 4 door version off-the-bat, or will we have to wait even later?

Not counting this pricey Tundra, the only alternative I've considered to this point is the 4 door F-150, but I want the ride/quality of the Pilot. There's got to be others like me that want a great ride with a (light load) truck bed and four doors.

So, fellow Piloteers, am I SOL ??? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
me too

We too, were considering the Tundra. If this version would have been out, we probably would have gone for it. Too bad they put that ugly grille on it. Otherwise the Tundra IMO is the most beautiful truck ever made.
Those double cab trucks just make a LOT of sense for most families, especially homeowners. I hope Honda jumps on this too, but no spy photos have been seen yet. I religeously read car mags and CR, so I'll post any news I hear about it. The Tundra could possibly be our 2nd purchase. If Honda fills this niche, they'll have more of my $$$.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: me too

74PILOTMOM said:
Too bad they put that ugly grille on it. Otherwise the Tundra IMO is the most beautiful truck ever made.
I agree. Looks like they've taken some misguided que's from the Frontier.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I know! It's like putting big stupid birth control glasses on a hot chick!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would have to agree with my wife (I better or else, right?)

:whip:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
GREAT-MORE SHOUTING USERNAMES

I wanted to change mine to lowercase but couldn't. Now we have YOU shouting at them too. We're annoying.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: GREAT-MORE SHOUTING USERNAMES

74PILOTMOM said:
I wanted to change mine to lowercase but couldn't. Now we have YOU shouting at them too. We're annoying.
is this a family squabble :confused:
mom-> :twak: <-dad

well welcome 73PILOTDAD

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
73PILOTDAD said:
I would have to agree with my wife (I better or else, right?)

:whip:
Great to see you have your own name now. At least now I know who is talking. :p

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
It was always me, officer.

Dad was just merely "lurking" in cyberspace.

LOL squabble? We never do that. :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: It was always me, officer.

74PILOTMOM said:
Dad was just merely "lurking" in cyberspace.

LOL squabble? We never do that. :D
Oh ok, just making sure ;) You know down here in Florida we never know who is actually who since we have people that want to take their driver's license pictures with veils on :rolleyes:

Amazing how people think!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Kemo's wife?

Opposites attract you know ;) :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: It was always me, officer.

FLPilot said:

Oh ok, just making sure ;) You know down here in Florida we never know who is actually who since we have people that want to take their driver's license pictures with veils on :rolleyes:

Amazing how people think!
I sure am glad they are making her "go topless" for her driver's pic. I was afraid that the dudes in the Klan down there were going to start screaming discrimination.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: Re: Re: It was always me, officer.

rtresco said:

I sure am glad they are making her "go topless" for her driver's pic. I was afraid that the dudes in the Klan down there were going to start screaming discrimination.
:21:

Everybody today has something to complain about.

BTW rtresco, sorry for the thread drift. It's Kemo's fault, he taught me how to do that :22:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Re: Re: It was always me, officer.

FLPilot said:

:21:

Everybody today has something to complain about.

BTW rtresco, sorry for the thread drift. It's Kemo's fault, he taught me how to do that :22:
Don't even worry about it, FLPilot... I'm always jumping into the middle of posts (just ask rami)... :)

I've also learned this behavior by watching Kemo :2: ... but I've also noticed that he's killer with PhotoShop! :6:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We bought the "access cab" Tundra last year. It's a great truck, with a very comfortable ride. And it's the safest truck in its class (so is anyone surprised that's what we ended up with? ;)) The 4-door would have been even better, with more kiddo room in the back. But it has lots more bling, and that means lots more dinero.

Now *this* one is sweet...

And welcome to Pilotdad! Or should I say PILOTDAD...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tracy said:
We bought the "access cab" Tundra last year. It's a great truck, with a very comfortable ride. And it's the safest truck in its class (so is anyone surprised that's what we ended up with? ;)) The 4-door would have been even better, with more kiddo room in the back. But it has lots more bling, and that means lots more dinero.

Now *this* one is sweet...
Yep, I noticed this "T3" edition on the Toyota website this morning... wayyyyy kewl. They'll just about cross-market anything now, won't they?

If they continue this trend, Pontiac can create the "Dumb and Dumberer" edition for the Aztek. :2:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
rtresco said:
If they continue this trend, Pontiac can create the "Dumb and Dumberer" edition for the Aztek. :2:
Wouldn't that have to be "Ugly and Uglierer?" Or "The Bad, The Bad and The Ugly?" :D

Fun thread hijack - what movie would be a good cross-marketing opportunity for the Pilot?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
rtresco said:

ROFLMAO!!!:D :2: :D :2: :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
74PILOTMOM said:

ROFLMAO!!!:D :2: :D :2: :D
I figured my fellow Aztek basher would like this one!!! :D

By the way, the Pontiac dealership next door just rolled another one of these POS's up on their display rack. That's kind of like me dumping the trash out on my front lawn... you get the same effect.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My vehicle previous to the Pilot was an F150 SuperCrew. There are times we do miss having a pickup, but the Pilot is FAR more reliable, and better for driving in everyday life. A Honda Pickup will be very cool. But I need the seating capacity of the Pilot.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts