Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don’t think so. They keep them behind the Honda wall. Subaru has the same system for TSB and stuff but you can pay for access there. Not sure about paying to get Honda access.

Told by local service department “sorry, no software updates have been released”

Wish I could prove them wrong. I might call Honda corporate and vent.

Started leaving Subaru ascent literature around the house for the Mrs. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just an update, the dealer did in fact find a software update for me related to the vanishing presets (intermittently)... But it will take at least an hour to do. So, I asked them to notate my account and I'll leave the car with them so they have plenty of time to work on it (I was in a big rush yesterday.)

Was reading through the maintenance schedule... can't believe this thing has a timing belt. Frustrating, at least.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there a central place available to the public where TSBs are posted?
I don’t think so. They keep them behind the Honda wall. Subaru has the same system for TSB and stuff but you can pay for access there. Not sure about paying to get Honda access.
FWIW, I am able to access TSBs through Chilton via my local library. All I need is my library card number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted as I haven't read all of the replies on this thread, so apologies if has been.

Own a '17 and at timing belt chirp associated with 16-054 started at around 10k miles. Service dept said this was the first '17 they'd seen with the issue. Just a heads up for the '17 owners out there to be aware and listen for it.

Haven't had a chance to get the repair done due to living in a very remote area to see if it works, but will post back once it's done.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Android Auto has been working flawlessly for me since I've had my '17 Pilot. But my phone just had an April Security update, and now AA is hit and miss. I see there is a TSB ATS170203 that 'should' fix the issue. How can I tell if my car has it or not? Is there a way? Or do I need to make the appointment, take the car in, wait 2-3 hours to have them tell me the TSB is already installed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Abnormal noise from timing cover area.

Not sure if this has been posted as I haven't read all of the replies on this thread, so apologies if has been.

Own a '17 and at timing belt chirp associated with 16-054 started at around 10k miles. Service dept said this was the first '17 they'd seen with the issue. Just a heads up for the '17 owners out there to be aware and listen for it.

Haven't had a chance to get the repair done due to living in a very remote area to see if it works, but will post back once it's done.
Thumbs up See TSB A16-054

Today, 1/18/2018, I pickup my 2017 Pilot Touring for the repair of abnormal sound coming from timing cover area.
The dealership perform the repair per Honda TSB A16-054 bulletin which took of care of the abnormal noise. This repair fix the abnormal sound I was hearing after the engine warms up.
Take a look at this tsb bulletin, it might help anybody who it hearing abnormal sound on the front of the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have there been any TSBs regarding 2016-17 AC systems where the heater core is warped or air blend actuator door does not close fully? I have seen a few posts regarding this issue, but haven't seen a TSB # associated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TSB Access?

How do you access the Honda TSB site? I get a login error. Sorry if its a silly question but this forum is referencing this links.

The site is making me remove the URL link but its the techinfo.honda.com site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the TSB 17-014 work done on my Pilot at the 55,000 mile oil change. 3,000 miles later and the judder is still gone. No need for a transmission service with the 60,000 mile service.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A18-018 Capless Shutter Set (Mis-Fuel Inhibit Device) Is Frozen

LinkDeny
MTMAN- that link comes up as access denied.

Just a question what does inside of your fuel filler door look like? My friend has a Ridgeline and got frozen out last year but I didn't question how or why. The '19 pilot has a "cap/sleeve" attached to the gas door that covers the fuel filler neck is that the fix?

Looks like others are just plain.

My Father-in-laws Jeep Renegade has a spring gasket cap attached to the door to seal the capless.

·
Registered
302 Posts
MTMAN- that link comes up as access denied.

Just a question what does inside of your fuel filler door look like? My friend has a Ridgeline and got frozen out last year but I didn't question how or why. The '19 pilot has a "cap/sleeve" attached to the gas door that covers the fuel filler neck is that the fix?

Looks like others are just plain.

My Father-in-laws Jeep Renegade has a spring gasket cap attached to the door to seal the capless.

Here is a copy of that TSB. Yes its the cap/sleeve attached to the fuel door to shield water from entering the fuel access. Recommend anyone with a pre-2019 Pilot to install this cover. Part is very inexpensive ( P/N: 17667-TG7-A01 around $4) and attaches in 5 seconds, no need to get a dealer involved.

The rest of the TSB deals with after the cap has been frozen and might be damaged and needing to be replaced.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 196 Posts