Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
So it's better to bring the printout with me and talk to the service advisor rather than calling and talk to the lady who is scheduling the appointments. It's only 5 miles drive.
Up to u I guess.i didnt know what they had avail to really see it so I thought that by going in, it was proof. If u wanna call them and give them the TSB number they can look it up..my dealer took me right in at 8am this am.. Wherever u are may need an appt I dont know. I would let them tell u there is no record of that TSB..Most folks wold need it id think unless u got yr car recently. I got mine in Dec and needed it

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Exactly my experience on prior TSBs/ software updates. Dealer service didn't know a thing until I told them.
Is this a generic TSB or a campaign? It was a campaign on MDX. If campaign, it might take a bit longer for formal notification because that is a "voluntary" ( You can't fire me, I quit!) recall and everything has to be documented.
I'm thrilled about it either way, but I can't get it done immediately and I'm tired of being the Guinea pig anyway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Up to u I guess.i didnt know what they had avail to really see it so I thought that by going in, it was proof. If u wanna call them and give them the TSB number they can look it up..my dealer took me right in at 8am this am.. Wherever u are may need an appt I dont know. I would let them tell u there is no record of that TSB..Most folks wold need it id think unless u got yr car recently. I got mine in Dec and needed it
I think I'll just drop by and show them the TSB since I always pass by the dealership almost everyday and it's fairly close. Thanks Midwestagent and ObsidianX.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I got the TSB 16-008 transmission software update applied today. I had to lean on the poor newbie service advisor lady a bit, but we got er done. Handed her the TSB print-out and said it's been surging since I bought it in June, and it's scary. She searched for a campaign or recall, found nothing, and tried to convince me there was nothing they could do. But I persisted and she took the TSB print-out to their master tech and came back and said if it was acting up they could fix it.

Massive improvement. Nothing subtle about on my vehicle. Now shifting is responsive yet smooth and unobtrusive, as I expect from a Honda drivetrain. Hopefully things won't fall apart as it "learns" what a lead-foot driver I am, but at least for now I am a happy camper. Thanks to The Birdman for the "heads-up" on the TSB.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I hope this sorts out the issues for all the ZF9 bashers. I felt bad for them at first but now it's a bit long in the tooth. The thing is a marvel, great get up and go and top end mpg. Just wish there was a way to get it into neutral, but that's another fight.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I hope this sorts out the issues for all the ZF9 bashers. I felt bad for them at first but now it's a bit long in the tooth.
Yes, it is unfortunate it took eight months for Honda to resolve this defect, for both 2016 MDX owners and 2016 Pilot Touring/Elite Owners, as it tested everyone's patience, and "strangely" it didn't go away on its own, but it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Next up.. iCarPlay and AndroidAuto TSB... ? I wish. You are 100% right Wanderer. I can only imagine my level of anger if my tranny was borked in such an expensive vehicle. 8 months is ridiculous. I guess it took some good R&D to get it right this time because if they failed to deliver it would be the nail in the coffin for many current owners and potential buyers.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Just got the TSB applied. I've never had tranny issues but I can tell you that it's really really smooth now. Shifts are buttery and acceleration is great. Almost done with the 30 mile relearn period as well. If you haven't gotten it yet folks I highly recommend even if your tranny was never an issue.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thats why I printed it off and took it in. How can they say there isnt anything they can do. Just look up the damn thing. It even tells them what to do. duh.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just got the TSB applied. I've never had tranny issues but I can tell you that it's really really smooth now. Shifts are buttery and acceleration is great. Almost done with the 30 mile relearn period as well. If you haven't gotten it yet folks I highly recommend even if your tranny was never an issue.

I agree get yours done. Had mine done and wow very smooth. Honda should have had this programming from the beginning and the 9 speed would have praised instead of all these complaints. I didn't have too much issues with the transmission but the updates made the shifts feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got mine applied this morning. It seriously feels like a completely different car. Just dropped my wife off from a lunch date and her exact words were "baby whats wrong with the car?" It's that noticeably smooth.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does the stop-start still function after this transmission upgrade????

If the stop-start doesn't function after the update, than I'd rather not update the transmission.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Does the stop-start still function after this transmission upgrade????

If the stop-start doesn't function after the update, than I'd rather not update the transmission.
Mine stoped working but Im glad.. I hate it....Rather have a smooth tranny than that damn thing
,, Ive asked this before but no one has said

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the car since Nov 2015 and have gotten used to the slight acceleration when breaking. It' didn't have to be going downhill, it could be coming to a red light on a flat road and i could feel it accelerate slightly before it came to a stop. Well, I just had the software update done and on the way home I did not experience any unexpected acceleration while slowing down. What's interesting is that i also noticed the 2-3 second delay for the car to usually accelerate up the hill was also gone...it seems like it shifts a lot sooner too. I'll drive it around some more and will let you know how it goes. Oh, and my auto-idle stop isn't working. It never came on my trip home.

41 - 60 of 196 Posts