Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
TSB 16-008 Transmission update for ZF9.
If my car was built between Jan 23-29, does this mean I already got this update? Just curious because when I brought my car last week, service guy did a Navi/audio update which is has been available since December.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Copied it off and went this am Took them an hr.. seems a lot better to me.. let me know what others think..be sure to print it off cause they didnt have it
Ya I just called my dealer and the girl from the service desk asked me if I needed an oil change.... after a short laugh I gave her all the specs for the Service Bulletin and she asked if I needed an appointment.

These dealers need to educate themselves a little faster....

·
Registered
511 Posts
What does this actually fix.
One side note on TSB 16-008... Regarding the transmission. I obviously havent driven much since the update, they say it may take 30 miles to notice a change..I think its changed to the good. BUT I dont think ido; stop is working now. which for me im glad cause i hate it anyway, so on my way to the store earlier, rather than shut idol stip off as usual, i left it alone and it did not come on. which for me is great..

·
Registered
511 Posts
If my car was built between Jan 23-29, does this mean I already got this update? Just curious because when I brought my car last week, service guy did a Navi/audio update which is has been available since December.
who knows. yr VIN should tell you. but on the bulletin page 2. it tells the dealer if they get a display that reads..THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT NEED AN UPDATE AT THIS TIME, it means its already been done on yr car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
who knows. yr VIN should tell you. but on the bulletin page 2. it tells the dealer if they get a display that reads..THIS VEHICLE DOES NOT NEED AN UPDATE AT THIS TIME, it means its already been done on yr car.
so I just need to print the TSB then bring it to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Call them first. They may not have the update at all yet. They can check your VIN to see what other updates are pending for your Pilot as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TSB 16-008... Regarding the transmission made a huge difference for the better IMO. It never really bothered me in the first place, but wow, the transmission feels so much more responsive/tighter, etc. after the update.

·
Registered
47 Posts
TSB 16-008... Regarding the transmission made a huge difference for the better IMO. It never really bothered me in the first place, but wow, the transmission feels so much more responsive/tighter, etc. after the update.
Thanks for the feedback, taking mine in next week.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Call them first. They may not have the update at all yet. They can check your VIN to see what other updates are pending for your Pilot as well.
They knew nothing this AM when I went. and took the print out. then they looked up the number of the TSB.. and it tells them on the printout too what to do anyway. but he found it on their system after he had the TSB number. Its all done on the computer...

·
Registered
94 Posts
They knew nothing this AM when I went. and took the print out. then they looked up the number of the TSB.. and it tells them on the printout too what to do anyway. but he found it on their system after he had the TSB number. Its all done on the computer...
So it's better to bring the printout with me and talk to the service advisor rather than calling and talk to the lady who is scheduling the appointments. It's only 5 miles drive.

21 - 40 of 196 Posts