Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting this thread so people will have one place to look to see all the new TSB's that are out.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice to get an extra 12k warranty.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got notice in the mail of three National Traffic & Motor Vehicle Safety Act notices on my 2016 Honda Pilot. These "FMVSS" notices, numbers 126, 135 and 138 are all fixed by a software update (that my local dealer has - so assume others have it as well). They impact Electronic Stability Control System - VSA warning light may not illuminate; ABS/Brake warning lights may not illuminate, and Tire pressure monitoring system may not illuminate, (respectively). Please, if these notices don't go in the TSB section, just read about it and go on - no lectures. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
^^^^ Those notices pertain to the Honda TSB 15-073. The software update goes by several "names". It isn't just head-unit software that gets updated; there are literally dozens of computerized electronic modules in these vehicles, each with their own firmware. Chaos ensues...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the link. For my Elite (purchased in Mid Nov), showing as no recalls. Not sure whether software updates are being considered as recalls

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Per the information on my Pilot's (VIN/build date) service receipts I've had TSBs(?):

FCAN-BUS 15-073
Audio Navigation software 13-001 & 13-024

updates applied.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe that link is only for safety related recalls, not all TSB are listed there for my car. This TSB for 9 speed transmission is not safety related..

·
Registered
502 Posts
FEEDBACK: Honda/Acura Addresses 9 Speed Transmission Issues with TSB 15-054 12/22/15 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

it looks some software updates are out for the 9 speed transmission for MDX

Hi TheBirdMan, do you have any inside info on when this is coming to Pilot? Should be a big help to members who has a lot of problem with it. I am fine with the transmission, but some improvements at low speed is definitely helpful.

Nice find!

Here's an image so folks won't need to hunt:

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1450973524.948545.jpg

·
Registered
981 Posts
Took my Pilot to dealer for a recall (TSB) on Dec 23. Transmission feels much smoother after, no more low speed surges (it was very mild before the recall). So far no complaint.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Took my Pilot to dealer for a recall (TSB) on Dec 23. Transmission feels much smoother after, no more low speed surges (it was very mild before the recall). So far no complaint.

Did you get the odometer TSB, or the nav unit TSB?

It is there possibly a new one that is related to the transmission?

·
Registered
981 Posts
In the recall letter, it states M50, instrument panel software upgrade. Didn't say anything about transmission though.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts