Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah so the temperature of the engine was going all over the place. Basically when I didn't have the AC going it was going up in heat. When I turned the AC on it would go back down.

·
Registered
247 Posts
To your original question, some that have had the TSB applied said it helped and others said it didn't. There's a software update and new driveline (4WD models) that comes with the TSB. If you live in a colder weather climate and have 4WD, the driveline update should make a difference. The new driveline comes with a softer damper around the carrier bearing, which especially when cold, does a more effective job of absorbing driveline vibrations.

As far as turning off VCM, have you looked into S-VCM? It does not alter the coolant reading on the dash and keeps VCM turned off no matter what the driving conditions are. I installed one awhile ago and it works as advertised.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am using the S-VCM controller as well and I did notice a slight drop in the reading when it is in "normal" operating condition, but the reading hasn't varied that I've noticed. Once the heat range gets past a certain parameter the S-VCM will remove itself from the signal path and you will receive and "actual" heat value. Otherwise, the just-slightly-below-normal reading is due to the resistor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went ahead and sold the Pilot. To much unknown especially given the history. We loved the Pilot but we will not be purchasing another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts