Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honda clearly admits in this TSB that a flaw in the machining (ie when it was made) of the injector can cause failure. Lots of Pilot owners (thousands) have had this failure. I did. Hard to believe that American Honda doesn't recall and replace the flawed injectors. Even harder to believe that American Honda doesn't at least consider this a power train component - absolutely a critical engine part. Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda literally dropped the ball on this one. There were about more than 10 owners who had this issue in the past few months in the Pilot’s FB page(still counting) and they end up paying for the fix and being told that they were using “bad gas”. On the other hand, this issue just recently popped up in the Odyssey’s(2018+) too.. I saw about 3 just the past few weeks. Also, I noticed that the injector fails around 40,000+ miles and some fail even less than that. Hopefully our newly acquired 2020 Pilot won’t have this problem.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Friendly reminder that in some (not all) states, both the fuel injectors and fuel rails are covered under the federal emissions warranty for 7 years or 70,000 miles. Click the link below, choose your year and model and then click link that reads "emissions regulations" about half way down. It contains the list of states, parts and their coverage period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts