Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This attachment contains the walk through for 3rd generation fuel injector replacement, for those less fortunate that can not get it for free and are looking to DIY.
This service requires...
1 - Fuel Injector Set
(16010-RLV-315)

1 - Fuel Pipe Set
(16012-R9P-315)

If anyone was wondrin what the polyethylene glycol stuff in a syringe is for that comes with the Fuel Pipe Set, it's explained how to use it in this TSB.
You may also want to order...
6 - Intake Manifold Gasket
(17101-RLV-A01)
1 - Throttle Body Gasket
(17102-RLV-A01)
1 - Rear Manifold Base Gasket
(17065-R9P-A01)
1 - Front Manifold Base Gasket
(17055-R9P-A01)
Will post more as I do this.
Happy motoring. 馃榿

Attachments

Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
Good that you finally got all your parts. I would be really interested to see some close up pics of the old injector nozzles if you get a chance. Hopefully all goes well and please keep us updated on your progress.

Registered
I would be really interested to see some close up pics of the old injector nozzles if you get a chance.
Attached are two pics of one of the old injectors from my car with 63k. It's my opinion that they look worse in person. The "dirt" may be normal for this vehicle, I do not know.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Attached are two pics of one of the old injectors from my car with 63k. It's my opinion that they look worse in person. The "dirt" may be normal for this vehicle, I do not know.
The tip of that injector looks completely clogged. 馃槚

Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
Since your car was wrecked is it ineligible for free replacement?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good that you finally got all your parts. I would be really interested to see some close up pics of the old injector nozzles if you get a chance. Hopefully all goes well and please keep us updated on your progress.
Before I get started, I'm still thinking I should clean these dirty valves. 馃槱

Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Nail Grease Is less fortunate the new term for salvage rebuilder? And yes I would clean those valves first.

If you do a forum search you might want to take a look at the threads involving the disabling of the VCM function. There are plenty of threads with information and recommendations for the various units. That might help you with that carbon buildup on your valves. ;) :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nail Grease Is less fortunate the new term for salvage rebuilder? And yes I would clean those valves first.

If you do a forum search you might want to take a look at the threads involving the disabling of the VCM function. There are plenty of threads with information and recommendations for the various units. That might help you with that carbon buildup on your valves. ;) :LOL:
Thanks for rubbing it in. I'm still ahead of the game. I remember when saving a vehicle from being parted out was a noble cause.
Ya, fell victim to the so called "Honda reliability" that should not be extended to 3rd generation Pilots. Sad.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, those look worse than the ones from the 300k mile Pilot thread! Your car has lived a tough short life!
It's just the number 1 cylinder that looks this bad. Obviously it hasn't been running as efficiently as it should.

Reactions: viper74656

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 6 old injectors in order.

Reactions: awd.nv and aggrex

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, that's a lot of carbon buildup on those nozzles and #1 definitely looks worse than the rest.
I would have expected better out of 4,5&6. I got nothing nice to say. 馃槫

Registered
I guess this Pilot has never had the original injectors replaced?

I got mine replaced at 30,000 miles, i wonder how they look now with another 30,000 miles on my pilot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess this Pilot has never had the original injectors replaced?

I got mine replaced at 30,000 miles, i wonder how they look now with another 30,000 miles on my pilot
Just put new injectors in.

Going to try get it back running today.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone know where to find the torque specs for the intake manifold base?

I guess the plastic manifold will be different than other year models too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No answer on the torque specs. Guess I'll go with Honda basic12mm threaded bolt torque specs of 16ft lbs. And 8.7ft lbs on the 10mm plastic intake bolts.

Registered
Just saw your post now, copied this information from the 2016 service information which is on the main board as a sticky I believe. Shows the bolt sequence to follow also.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just saw your post now, copied this information from the 2016 service information which is on the main board as a sticky I believe. Shows the bolt sequence to follow also.

View attachment 147675
Thanks!
Looks like my 16ft was spot on for the intake base. I'd have been a little short on the intake itself. I just figured it out, because those are 12mm bolts too, not 10mm. Ty Ty

1 - 20 of 24 Posts