Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called local dealer sept 1 to get this annoying problem taken care of and when i called back today the 11th i was told they are slowing getting parts in but are fixing the car on the lot first instead of taking care of their current customers. this is very poor customer service and likely a deal breaker with me and honda.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Dealer ordered parts a few weeks ago and we dropped it off Tuesday. Got word this morning it's done, hoping for the best...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I called local dealer sept 1 to get this annoying problem taken care of and when i called back today the 11th i was told they are slowing getting parts in but are fixing the car on the lot first instead of taking care of their current customers. this is very poor customer service and likely a deal breaker with me and honda.
What exactly does this TSB address?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Note8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I get where you're coming from, but I understand why they'd want to make sure the cars they're selling have the issue addressed. You'd have a different opinion if you bought one of the cars off the lot and had to bring it back because they hadn't applied a known fix before selling it to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get where you're coming from, but I understand why they'd want to make sure the cars they're selling have the issue addressed. You'd have a different opinion if you bought one of the cars off the lot and had to bring it back because they hadn't applied a known fix before selling it to you.
they should fix them as they deliver them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did buy this car off the lot and now have to take it back. Upon investigation this problem has been going on since Jan. That's when I bought this car. They should not have been allowed to sell a car with a known problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
they should fix them as they deliver them.
Most people buying a vehicle don't want to wait an extra 2.5 hours for a known issue to be fixed, so I understand why they would make the repairs BEFORE the car is sold.

I did buy this car off the lot and now have to take it back. Upon investigation this problem has been going on since Jan. That's when I bought this car. They should not have been allowed to sell a car with a known problem.
The TSB they're applying was released on August 4, 2020. Had you bought your car in late August, you probably would've received the repair, and then someone else could've been on here complaining because their car was being ignored while your new car was repaired before you purchased it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
@Saotey , recalls have to be performed before the vehicle is sold off the lot. TSB's are just tool, information bulletins to help the technician correct a vehicle problem that they are currently working on. They are not mandatory like a recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
went to the dealer yester to express my dissatisfaction with the situation. canceled my oil change pkg, they gave me a loaner and i have my non popping and clicking pilot back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts