Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd list the individual TSBs by number and title to make them easier to find. I need to take my Pilot in for some of them, so I thought I'd post them as their own threads. Mods, if you feel these are redundant, please feel free to delete them.

Originally posted by gopilot in this thread

August 19, 2003:

Applies to:
2003 Pilot EX- From VIN 2HKYF18..3H000001 thru 2HKYF18..3H604126

Symptom:
The rear center vents do not blow air at any climate control setting.

Probable Cause:
The power transistor for the rear blower has an open circuit.

Corrective Action:
Replace the rear power transistor.

Customer information:
The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by "do it yourselfers" and you should not assume this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this information applies, contact an authorized Honda automobile dealer.

·
Registered
657 Posts
shutrbug said:
I thought I'd list the individual TSBs by number and title to make them easier to find. I need to take my Pilot in for some of them, so I thought I'd post them as their own threads. Mods, if you feel these are redundant, please feel free to delete them.

Originally posted by gopilot in this thread

August 19, 2003:

Applies to:
2003 Pilot EX- From VIN 2HKYF18..3H000001 thru 2HKYF18..3H604126

Symptom:
The rear center vents do not blow air at any climate control setting.

Probable Cause:
The power transistor for the rear blower has an open circuit.

Corrective Action:
Replace the rear power transistor.

Customer information:
The information in this bulletin is intended for use only by skilled technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and training to correctly and safely maintain your vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by "do it yourselfers" and you should not assume this bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle has the condition described. To determine whether this information applies, contact an authorized Honda automobile dealer.
I know it has been some time since this has been lasted visited but I wanted to get clarification.

When my front heater is set on "Auto" I don't get any heat blowing out the rear vents. When I manually turn the climate control in the front to the manual settings of blowing air at floor and vents, I feel heat out the rear vents. This is all independant of what the rear settings are at. Whether the climate control for RR Manual Air button is on or off, I can't get any air movement out of the rear vents by using the rear knob to get either cold or hot air. Thus am I to assume that my Pilot is one of the above that need the open circuit fixed?

Could someone please tell me if they can get air out of their rear vents at any time simply by turning the rear knob independant of what the front climate control system is set at.

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you checking both the top rear vents (by the conrtol knob) AND the rear floor vents? When I first got my Pilot, I thought my rear vents weren't working right either, but then I realized that the rear system has the two different sets of vents that work the same way as the front system.

If the rear control is off and the system set to full auto, the front heat usually comes out of the floor vents and defroster vents - not the front center vents in the dash. When the front system is doing this, the rear system will only be blowing out of the floor vents. If you're sitting in the driver's seat, reach your hand back behind the center console until you touch the floor - you should feel air blowing out of the floor vents. Then push the mode button on the front system until both arrows (floor and vent) appear. Now reach around to the rear vents - air should now be coming out of the top rear vents as well.

I think the problem this TSB refers to is cases where none of the rear vents blow air no matter what setting the front system is set to. If do you have air blowing from the rear in some settings, I don't think you have this problem. It sounds like your system is probably fuctioning normally.

Here is a picture of my dirty Pilot. You can see the floor vents on the very bottom of the console right above the floor mat.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts