Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This my 1st post at this website.

Anyways, my wife and I are planning on getting the Pilot...just having a hard time trying to decide on the color.

I have 3 colors that I like.

Havasu Blue: Its a unique color, very modern and fresh. I just don't know If I would think the same in a few years. Some people have told me it looks a little wimpish. Nevertheless it makes the Pilot stand out a bit more...makes it a little less conservative.

Silver: This is the safe and common color. Its cool, but I can't get excited over it, besides my Acura CL is silver also. It is modern also, but everyone and the grandmother has this color.

Sage Brush Pearl: This is the darkhorse of color choices. I'm starting to like this color more and more. I like the charcoal gray side of this color, but don't like the green side of this color.

Having a darker color like Sage Brush makes the car seems to make the car more sophisticated than a lighter color.

Any thoughts or insights on how you folks made your decision would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I recommend you go to the honda.com web site. You can build your own Pilot there and can view every color choice.

Before I bought my Pilot I used the site a lot to help me determine what I wanted on my new purchase. I especially liked the real-time changes to the Pilot pictured on the web site as I changed colors and added accessories.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I bought the sage brush pearl and love it... when it's clean. Trouble is that it loves being dirty. Every little water spot, every bit of dust and it really stands out. Love the dark color but if you don't want to spend every weekend giving it a thorough washing, go for something lighter. Either the blue or the silver are good chioces that don't show thier dirt as soon as the darker colors. Tough choice but at least you can't go wrong with the car! Good luck and let us know what you chose.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi Keniwc, whatever color you get, you will like you new machine.

Havasu is not a bad color as most people seem to think, we have this color and me and the wife love it, it never looks dirty, and changes from blue to green depending on the light. When it is sunny out the metallic really shows.

Silver is a great color too, but to me is too common,

Sage is really getting popular, and is a great color, just have to keep her clean..

goodluck..

rob

(get havasu! you will love it):p

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just my opinions...

I have Sagebrush. I love the color, but it VERY hard to keep clean. Everyone comments on the color and says they think it is beautiful. It really is. I thought we would like Havasu. I couldn't find a Pilot to view, but did see an Oddyssey in the color. It didn't look like the color the website implied it to be, in my opinion. Although I liked it okay, I thought it looked like it had potential to irritate me in a year or two. I expected it be a little more silvery than it was. It just looked like light blue. Again, my opinion. The silver is nice, but, as you said, everywhere. I think there are 6 in my town of 6000 people. I see them everywhere. Not that it matters if you have the same color as everyone else, just that it is more common. If you want to have the "only one" in town, Havasu might be the best choice. If you like to blend in and not go the car wash as often, maybe the silver. If you don't mind washing, and like the charmelian factors of the Sagebrush, then go with that. Sometimes the decisions are made because of what the dealer can aquire. It seems the Havasu sometimes has a longer wait. Try to see the colors in person, if you have not already. Some are available on Oddysseys, some on the MDX. If you can't find a Pilot to look at, maybe a dealer will have one of the other vehicles to see. I had decided on one color, based on the chips in the book. I saw Sagebrush as one zipped by me. That very brief sighting led me to change my order. Things do look different in person.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
In person?

Have you seen all the colors in person? If you can do it - it's worth the time and effort - even if you have to look at an Odyssey or two in the process to see them all.
We had it narrowed down to the silver or the sandstone by reviewing the website and the occasional spotting of one on the road. Finally, we made a day of it and visited a couple dealers to see each in person.

They are ALL great colors, but I think when you see them in person, the decision will be easier.

Good luck!

:)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Red Rock Pearl?

How hard is Red Rock Pearl to keep clean? How hard is it to get from the dealer?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome keniwc!
Have to agree with colorider here! You really need to see them "in person". Especially the Sagebrush. The Honda Build Your Own Pilot version of the color is WAY off! It's too green. I hardly ever see the green in my Pilot. More gray-bluish.
Good luck with whatever choice you make. It'll be beautiful! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Silver for me....

We have an silver LX. We liked other colors but the LX was the only one at the dealer within our budget.

On a side note, I have to say that the silver doesn't show dirt as much as other colors. After getting home from a ski trip, the Pilot doesn't look too bad from 25 feet with all of the road dirt on it.

Whatever color you chose, chose the one that you can live with for the long term. Some colors look good initially, but later tends to wear out its welcome.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sage!

I went with the Sagebrush because I was tired of Silver which is what I've almost always have had. Sage is interesting because of its chameleon effect. I don't find the dirt a problem because I'm not super anal about keeping it clean. It's a 'truck' so it actually looks good with a little dirt on it. It's not like having a Ferrari.

Also, take into account the INTERIOR color since you don't have a choice with Honda. Practically speaking, you spend all your time inside the vehicle which is more important, to me, than what others see on the outside. Don't get me wrong, outside is important, too.
I preferred the Fern interior. Gray isn't bad, it's just gray. And the tan, to me, was not even an option.

Just a different perspective for you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like nobody really care about the interior color ?? (including my wife)
Only the Sandstone and the Green come with the "saddle" interior.
I personally don't like the grey color comes with most Pilots (but I like the grey inside the new Civic-SI though :)

Tat

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: Red Rock Pearl?

florida_guy said:
How hard is Red Rock Pearl to keep clean? How hard is it to get from the dealer?
We got the red, Love it. My wife's idea. My feeling is that it is too eye catching and I don't like to catch highway trooper's attention if you know what I mean.

However, after a month and a half with a Red Rock Perarl Pilot in New York City, I have to admit that I really like it. Attractive and doesn't show dirt .

OH, by the way, the dealers told us that it would be much easier to get Silver (our second choice) but we only waited about two weeks in March between order and delivery.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've got a silver EX, and about the only part I don't like is that I see myself coming and going every which way (it's probably the most common). Really wanted the Havasu Blue, but all the local dealers said it was 2 month minimum backorder. Saw one Pilot locally in that color, and really liked it. I like how Redrock looks like new, but I've had bad prior experiences with red cars fading badly. The Sagebrush green seem washed out to me; I do like the Evergreen, but don't care for the tan interior; looks too much like baby poop (and I've had way too much of that with a couple of kids still in diapers) :(. I do like the dark blue that Oddy's come in, though it's as tough to keep clean as any dark color.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I was able to see all the colors in person; Sage Brush Pearl won hands-down.

Best regards,

Walt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Silver looks great and does not show the dirt as quickly as many other colors do. It is one of the better colors for resale, as it stays popular as other colors come and go. Remember all the brown cars in the 70's and early 80's?

·
Registered
328 Posts
We think the interior is important, too!

tatng said:
Sounds like nobody really care about the interior color ?? (including my wife)
Only the Sandstone and the Green come with the "saddle" interior.
I personally don't like the grey color comes with most Pilots (but I like the grey inside the new Civic-SI though :)

Tat

I agree w/ tatng - I don't like the grey interior at all. Especially in an EX-L - the saddle is the best! :)

We also adore our Evergreen Pearl, naturally! Very sophisticated.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome keniwc!

Welcome keniwc!

We agree...Get out and check out the colors yourself. We went to the dealer thinking we wanted one color and changed our mind...even if would have to wait 2 months for our new choice.

If you make it to Reno before you decide...you can drive our White Pilot and see if you would like that color. We love it!

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Color preference is a personal choice...however where it really matters is when you try to sell the car. The more unique the color is the harder it is to find a potential buyer IMO.

I originally wanted a Red but was gettng a silver cheap so went with that. Of the colors you have indicated silver is the most common color...I love it and though there is nothing unique about itit should be a easy sell when you go to sell your pilot.

best of luck...:2:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hello everyone!

This is my first post.
We picked up our Sagebrush Pilot yesterday evening! I wanted to comment on the chameleon effect of sagebrush, ours in the sun is very green but under fluorescent or clouds it is dark grey. The sage Odyssey parked next to it when we picked it up was much more blue, so they is going to be a wide range of color do to the variation in the pearl and possible lot changes in the paint. As far as interior the fern in mine seems light gray to me, not sure why they named it fern. I loved all the colors unfortunately could only buy one! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Matt

1 - 20 of 53 Posts