Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought my Pilot in the winter, and having never felt overly warm while driving it to date, I've never tried out the air-conditioning. And I don't expect to anytime soon. Hopefully, it will perform well...I've really liked the Pilot's climate control performance over the winter. Gawd, I'm so tired of it being cold, dreary, rainy, and snowy so much of the time in the greater Wash/Balt area! :mblah: But, we should always be careful what we wish for....heard on the radio this a.m. that, on this date last year, it was 94 degrees!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
I used the A/C 1 day a week ago. It was in the high 70's and had been out hiking all day. We used it to cool the car down then ended up puting the windows down the rest of the way home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
AC works great. The full auto system is also a nice feature, I find myself using it all the time now.

One thing I can say about the AC is it is Darn Cold!

rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gopilot said:
One thing I can say about the AC is it is Darn Cold!

rob
I will be looking forward to that Darn Cold AC this summer!!! Apparently there's no problem cooling that big interior space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Boy am i happy to hear this. in MPLS we're noted for our cold but the past few summers have been hell with temps over 100 degrees! I HATE EXTREMELY HOT WEATHER. One question i have is how well will the AC cool when towing a small camper trailer? Any ideas out there? My Subaru just couldn't handle both at once.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
The AC works great.
When It's really hot it automatically sets the system to recirc. to cool faster. That's the real prize with this system, it cools down faster than any vehicle I've ever owned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
You guys don't know heat....last summer it got to 114 degrees f here, with 100% humidity...ouch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
g128620 said:
You guys don't know heat....last summer it got to 114 degrees f here, with 100% humidity...ouch!
You think that's hot? Last night it was 425 degrees!... Oh wait that was in my oven. :bonk:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
BillR said:
The AC works great.
When It's really hot it automatically sets the system to recirc. to cool faster. That's the real prize with this system, it cools down faster than any vehicle I've ever owned.
Hmmm, this is the firs time I have heard that the system automatically switches to the recirculate mode (when needed). :confused: Seems like a good idea!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
g128620 said:
You guys don't know heat....last summer it got to 114 degrees f here, with 100% humidity...ouch!
If I encountered that kind of heat, I wouldn't need to concern myself with the Pilot's AC functioning.....I'd be confined to the house with the AC cranked to the max and a big fan trained on me!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
colorider said:


Hmmm, this is the firs time I have heard that the system automatically switches to the recirculate mode (when needed). :confused: Seems like a good idea!! :)
I agree. One more reason that I've been extremely pleased with all aspects of the Pilot's auto climate control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
colorider said:


Hmmm, this is the firs time I have heard that the system automatically switches to the recirculate mode (when needed). :confused: Seems like a good idea!! :)
I've never had a vehicle that did this before either. It goes back to normal after it cools down.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
BillR said:

I've never had a vehicle that did this before either. It goes back to normal after it cools down.
It was in the upper 70's here today and we had to make a couple trips to a nearby city for some school activities. Had the A/C going and I noticed (for the first time) how it would automatically cycle into the recirc mode. VERY neat!!:D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top