Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced problems closing their trunk. Yesterday, the trunk latch stopped snapping closed without slamming the trunk hard. If I close the trunk normally, the trunk will remain in the down position, but the latch will not snap closed, and the "trunk open" signal in the dashboard will indicate that the trunk is open. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
423 Posts
Trunk?
I don't have a trunk on my Pilot.

Do you mean the rear hatch?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
rosesav said:
Has anyone experienced problems closing their trunk. Yesterday, the trunk latch stopped snapping closed without slamming the trunk hard. If I close the trunk normally, the trunk will remain in the down position, but the latch will not snap closed, and the "trunk open" signal in the dashboard will indicate that the trunk is open. Any thoughts???
Make sure nothing is in the way, then have it adjusted.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Re: trunk

N_Jay said:

Make sure nothing is in the way, then have it adjusted.
I always forget to move the cargo net out of the way before closing my rear door.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
4603pba said:
Trunk?
I don't have a trunk on my Pilot.

Do you mean the rear hatch?
maybe s/he means tailgate.....;)

make sure nothing is stuck in there...if not take it to the dealer

·
Registered
423 Posts
ramirami said:

maybe s/he means tailgate.....;)

make sure nothing is stuck in there...if not take it to the dealer
I was just trying to throw a little humor into the day. It was not intended any other way.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Credit the air seal

I've found that the air seal on the Pilot is so good, that unless a window is cracked open, the last door shut (or hatch as the case may be) needs to be closed with extra force in order to securely engage the latch.

Also, from prior ownership of two Caravans, I'm kinda used to having to slam the rear hatch in order to ensure the lock is engaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts