Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my problem started after a heavy snowfall and now my trunk doesnt seem to open like usual its stop maybe 3-4 inch before make a loud beep and then beep till it closed back and now its not working at all i clean if there was snow stuck somewhere but there is nothing in the way. So i might think its a motor that i need to replaced. Is anyone have same problem. I can open it manually and its latch but not working with the remote or inside cabin drivers door.
Thank you

2016 touring

·
Registered
813 Posts
Maybe the trunk thought something was in the way, so it closed automatically. When you attempt to open the trunk in the normal auto-opening mode, do you hear the latch try to open at all? Does it just beep when you try to open it with the inside button or the key fob? The motor most probably didn't go out unless you stopped it a lot while it was opening or closing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the trunk thought something was in the way, so it closed automatically. When you attempt to open the trunk in the normal auto-opening mode, do you hear the latch try to open at all? Does it just beep when you try to open it with the inside button or the key fob? The motor most probably didn't go out unless you stopped it a lot while it was opening or closing.
I will try this morning but yesterday even if i was pressing the remote button there was no beep at all at the end it was just working manually when i press under the trunk its unlatch and open and latch when i closed manually but nothing with the remote or inside cabin there is no beep and dont hear latch working so i think might be the motor does it have 2 motor each side ? Do you think its might be this.part or the sensor since the latch seem to be working good

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I will try this morning but yesterday even if i was pressing the remote button there was no beep at all at the end it was just working manually when i press under the trunk its unlatch and open and latch when i closed manually but nothing with the remote or inside cabin there is no beep and dont hear latch working so i think might be the motor does it have 2 motor each side ? Do you think its might be this.part or the sensor since the latch seem to be working good View attachment 144105
If you can open from the inside button, or the rear button, but unable to open from the remote, it could be your remote battery is low or dead. The battery seems to last about two and half years in normal use. If battery is still good try the other remote.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the very next morning and everything was back to normal so im clueless the battery in the remote doesnt seem to be working for long time already replaced both battery on my 2 remote in 8 months. But when the problem occur i wasnt able to open it even from the inside cabin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts