1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
494 Posts
With the vehicles chosen, the Chevrolet TrailBlazer was the only one that beat the Pilot's resale value after 5 years, but with a purchase price that is $3300 more. It really depreciates faster.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Trailblazer resale?

Hi, don't mean to say you are wrong, Edmonds has to be wrong on this so I do not believe it.. There is no way in my opinion that the Trailblazer (with its poor crash test results and GMC poor resale value) will beat the Pilot. I live in Canada, so maybe it is different here? but there has been zero GM's that have beat any Honda in its own class for resale.

Rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Trailblazer resale?

gopilot said:
Hi, don't mean to say you are wrong, Edmonds has to be wrong on this so I do not believe it.. There is no way in my opinion that the Trailblazer (with its poor crash test results and GMC poor resale value) will beat the Pilot. I live in Canada, so maybe it is different here? but there has been zero GM's that have beat any Honda in its own class for resale.

Rob
Yeah, I agree. I don't see how a Trail Blazer would have a higher resale value than the Pilot 5 years down the road. I haven't checked out the link yet, but I have to wonder how they arrived at this conclusion.

Historically, it's not big secret that any given GM vehicle comparable or in the same category as another Honda car always ends up with lower resale value no matter how many years down the road.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
The figures are flawed

When I entered my zipcode and other info, it showed a TMV = 30,321 for base EX whereas it is actually in the range from 29,460 to 29,730 (MSRP) plus TTL here.

I do not believe a 5K drop in the first year.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If the Pilot keeps getting great reviews, It should hold it's value even longer. I love my Honda Pilot even more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts