Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the stereo head unit in my 04 EX-L (RES) and of course now there's no reason to keep the factory single-DIN DVD player that's located below the climate control knobs. I'd like to remove the DVD player and replace it with either a single-DIN storage compartment, or just a blank panel. But I can't find any trim kits that fit the slot. Has anyone removed their old DVD players after an upgrade and replaced it with something else to fill in the space?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Went to the junk yard and helped myself to the spacers

Reactions: MindOfJory

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you pull, a blank panel or a storage compartment type thing? I've found various single-DIN storage compartments that all have a square frame around them, but the curved side pieces make it so the flat face of the cheap compartments don't line up at all. Are there some versions of the 1st generation Pilots that have a compartment in that slot?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,360 Posts
Are there some versions of the 1st generation Pilots that have a compartment in that slot?
Yes, the LX has a storage compartment under the single slot factory stereo. This is for a 2005. Other years may differ.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,360 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.