Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only lift kit I have found online that claims to work for a 2015 Pilot is kit # 202025 by Traxda. Has anyone on here had any experience with this? Can't seem to find any reviews or information on how the install went or how it has performed after. I emailed Traxda a couple times with no answer. Just looking for a little more clearance for snow and beefier tires...and it would look rad.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The kit includes strut spacers and sway bar relocation brackets... there's really nothing that could go wrong unless the metal used is of horrible quality, the welds are awful or something similar. It doesn't contain any moving parts so I'd be pretty confident in the purchase.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The kit includes strut spacers and sway bar relocation brackets... there's really nothing that could go wrong unless the metal used is of horrible quality, the welds are awful or something similar. It doesn't contain any moving parts so I'd be pretty confident in the purchase.
I wish someone would come out with a more serious kit for the Pilot.. 2" front is a dismal for this kit. I don't think the Pilot is really designed to be an off road hauler like the Jeeps or any k series truck.. Guess maybe that's why there is nothing for it ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wish someone would come out with a more serious kit for the Pilot.. 2" front is a dismal for this kit. I don't think the Pilot is really designed to be an off road hauler like the Jeeps or any k series truck.. Guess maybe that's why there is nothing for it ?
The R&D costs are substantially more for a mid-travel or long-travel kit, then the cost to the consumer is also much higher. Look at what it costs to lift a Silverado or other pickup with anything more than a spacer lift, multiply that times 2 for the IRS (most still use blocks in the rear) and then tack on the additional cost since there will be virtually no economy of scale on a Pilot.

No lockers, small rear diff., small axles, etc. mean I'm fine with the Pilot as a soft roader but I don't want to be rock crawling and really stressing drivetrain components on this thing, so anything bigger than 2" wouldn't be necessary for me.

Now, if you are willing to absorb the costs and be without your Pilot, I'm sure somebody out there will build you a custom lift, I just don't want to know the cost.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
We are good actually That's why I stayed with GM for my off roading fix :) Rough country gives you a cool 7 " max lift for 1300 ...

·
Registered
712 Posts
We are good actually That's why I stayed with GM for my off roading fix :) Rough country gives you a cool 7 " max lift for 1300 ...
Is it all spacers or did you replace anything else? Mid travel or stock travel? I was looking at some nice mid-travel kits for my Silverado when I had it but couldn't justify the cost for no trails near me in MD.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Is it all spacers or did you replace anything else? Mid travel or stock travel? I was looking at some nice mid-travel kits for my Silverado when I had it but couldn't justify the cost for no trails near me in MD.
Half and half .....spacers and lots of cutting dropping the front diff.. etc etc ..I have the same issue here in NY even though upstate it's hard to trail without the local PD up your aft ... Cross country comes with everything you need but the second set of hands ..no way in hell would I do this again without help. Then again this is the reason i picked up the 11 burban project truck.

If anyone knows any trails in NY ..please chime in i'm always game to try :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Half and half .....spacers and lots of cutting dropping the front diff.. etc etc ..I have the same issue here in NY even though upstate it's hard to trail without the local PD up your aft ... Cross country comes with everything you need but the second set of hands ..no way in hell would I do this again without help. Then again this is the reason i picked up the 11 burban project truck.

If anyone knows any trails in NY ..please chime in i'm always game to try :)
Yea so you got the height but you didn't gain any travel, quite often that is more than enough... My problem is I know I would always want more so I'd end up a nice mid-travel with coilovers and UCAs and all that.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The better option would be a smaller rim and a dedicated winter tire or all terrain tire. Two inches of clearance is a waste. Just my 2¢.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts