Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get ideas for a travel trailer for my 2016 Pilot. Anyone have a travel trailer that sleeps 5 and has at least 1 slide out they would recommend?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Trying to get ideas for a travel trailer for my 2016 Pilot. Anyone have a travel trailer that sleeps 5 and has at least 1 slide out they would recommend?
Well hands down, the Rockwood Geo Pro/Flagstaff E-Pro line should be considered. We have a Geo Pro 19BH which sleeps 5 but no slide, their 20BHS would be great but honestly, would exceed the Pilot's limits if the 5 people are riding in the Pilot as well. The magic 5000lbs/500lb tongue weight is if there is nothing else in the Pilot but a driver.

As a result, at least in the sourthwest (NV, AZ, UT) I felt the 19BH was the limit for the Pilot. So much so that we ended up buying a Ford Ranger for towing which pulls the 19BH WAY better but man, wish the interior space was the same as the Pilot/Passport.

If you are in a very flat region and no winds you might be able to pull off the 20BHS but for safety reasons/insurance too I would stick to the Pilot's limits. The 19BH is basically at them already but it is a good size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts