Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of talk about what size travel trailer you can safely tow with a Pilot. I figured I'd share my experience towing with our 2007. We did a lot of research before buying, this forum was an invaluable resource. Much better then generic RV forums, most of the people there own huge F250's and the like and say towing with anything less is not possible. Well, they're wrong. Just got back from 1800 miles of driving from Portland, OR to St. Mary, MT. Plenty of stops along the way, and lots of time in Glacier NP. The Pilot did great towing our Coachmen Apex Nano 185bh. ~ 2900lbs dry, ~3300lbs loaded. We've got a Fastway e2 weight distribution hitch with trunion bars, and a prodigy p2 brake controller. Towing in D3 the whole time, I cruised between 60 - 65 on the highways, more like 45 or 50 going over mountain passes. Would I have liked a bit more power going over passes? Sure, but it made it without any trouble, I just had to be zen with being the slow guy and use the pullouts for traffic if necessary. Overall I was quite happy with the set up, and I didn't have to buy a new truck! I could definitely feel it when I was passed by large trucks, and crosswinds were a bit annoying. But never did I feel unsafe, nor was I "white knuckling" it. So anyone who tells you you can't, just do your research, get set up properly, and tow within the limits. These Pilots will do a lot more than a lot of people think. Enjoy and be safe!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts