Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a trivial matter but I'm serious about it. Has any one figured out where to put a trash can/container in the Pilot ? My kids generate a lot of gum wrappers/tissues etc. Where to put them is the Question. Regards, Tom

·
Registered
494 Posts
I hooked a small one on the hook below the rear A/C switch. If you don't have that hook, you might want to find the type that attaches to the back of the front seats up near the headrests.

I picked up my trash recepticle at Walmart, I think they have a few to choose from in the automotive section.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I did the same thing. I put a strip of Velcro across the bottom of the console to hold the bag in place. If you rely on the hook alone the bag will keep falling off.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Not the best looking idea, but you can take a small plastic bag and place one of the handles in the glove box area so that it wont fall. I don't actually have anything setup in my car because I have no kids.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Target

I picked up a small trash can in the automotive section at Target. It had a plastic strap with a loop on the end, which happens to fit perfectly over the hook below the rear AC controls. With a nut and bolt, I rigged the length of the strap so that the bottom of the can does not block the vents. My kids practice their basketball skills with it. Unfortunately, by the looks of my floor, the possibility for a scholarship in my familiy is remote.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
For the front, what I do is, save those small plastic bags and hook the handle on the battery outlet plug. It usually hangs over to the passenger side. If I run out, then I just go to Walmart and pick up a batch.

For the rear, I do what most of you guys do, hang another plastic bag on the hook right below the rear climate control.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Dr.Tom said:
My kids generate a lot of gum wrappers/tissues etc. Where to put them is the Question. Regards, Tom
The kids or the trash???? :2:

Sorry - couldn't resist! We don't seem to "generate" a lot, so we simply put the tissue/wrapper/whatever in the little tray with the sliding lid.

Notice one of your "others" is a '00 PA. We replaced our '99 PA with the Pilot. Overall - very happy, although there are a few amenities that the PA has that would be nice on the Pilot.

Good luck!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dr.Tom said:
This may sound like a trivial matter but I'm serious about it. Has any one figured out where to put a trash can/container in the Pilot ? My kids generate a lot of gum wrappers/tissues etc. Where to put them is the Question. Regards, Tom
I picked up a black nylon type trash bag with velcro straps from Pep Boys and opening which I hung off the back of the passenger headrest where it attaches to the seat. Nice clean fit with no exposed straps and easy for the passengers to reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts