Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has successfully used the Torque app to set up a guage for transmission temperature on a 2007 Pilot EXL 4WD? I've been using Torque for many years and it works fine with most functions (RPM, Engine Temp, Vacuum, etc) but the two built in transmission temperature display methods didn't work. I also tried another that supposedly worked on an Odyssey, but that doesn't give any readings either. Before I spend more too much time with it, I wanted to see if anyone else has got Torque displaying trans temp on a 2007 Pilot?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have you seen this thread?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you seen this thread?
Thanks for the link. I have seen that thread. It is for a Gen 2 Pilot and mine is a Gen 1. I was hoping to find someone who has got a Gen 1 Pilot and Torque. to work.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why don't you give it a try & report back? It costs you nothing except the $5.00 (or whatever it is now) to get the pro version of Torque; and the setup time is minimal. This method has been known to work for 2nd & 3rd gen pilots plus Ridgelines plus Odysseys. They all have the same v6, controlled essentially the same way. I think I've seen posts of 1st gen owners use this; I just can't say for sure.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Why don't you give it a try & report back? It costs you nothing except the $5.00 (or whatever it is now) to get the pro version of Torque; and the setup time is minimal. This method has been known to work for 2nd & 3rd gen pilots plus Ridgelines plus Odysseys. They all have the same v6, controlled essentially the same way. I think I've seen posts of 1st gen owners use this; I just can't say for sure.
I know of no Gen 1 Pilot owners getting ATF Temps with Torque.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It occurs to me that the 2007 is probably very close to the 2009 in terms of engine controls, & I believe came after the fix to the transmission problems that they had with earlier models. So even if it doesn't work on a 2003 or 2004, there's a good chance on a 2007.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I tried, no knowing if it would work for me, and am very happy that I did!

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Is that the same as saying you know it doesn't work?
I know of others trying with the known perimeters and have been unsuccessful.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have tried and not been successful on my 2004 Pilot. The PIDs that work for later models do not work for mine. From a little research I did, the OBD protocol is different in those early years. From what little I read up on it, the early Hondas use ISO and the later models use CAN. If you have an ISO protocol Honda you can't get transmission Temp. If you have a CAN protocol car you can. CAN started to get phased in between 2003 and 2007. CAN only in 2008.

I might be wrong but this is my understanding of how it works. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not in the position to correct anyone, but maybe I can supply additional info...

According to the link below, the 2007s may have ISO or CAN (as huntertn said).

And according to the link below, you should in theory* be able to figure out which it is by looking at the port.

So, maybe the OP can take a quick look & try to see what he has...

*It is possible that Honda has all of the pins, but just doesn't use them all, so this may not work.

·
Registered
292 Posts
When I use my ”real” code reader it tells me what protocol it is using to communicate with the car when it first connects. That might be an easy way to figure it out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Maybe the OP can get his trusted service-oriented machanic to put his reader on it just to tell him the protocol....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts