Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 EXL with 102k miles and for the last few weeks I have noticed that there is a shudder or vibration in the car when I am either stopped at a light or under low revs just cruising. If I put it in neutral at the stop it goes away and the engine revs fine. At low speed I give it more gas and it shifts (down I presume) and the shudder goes away.
Is this a pressure valve issue? Transmission fluid issue? Or should I be preparing myself for a new Trans?

Thanks for the help.

-Ivan

·
Registered
326 Posts
Take a look at your motor mounts. That could be a sign of a bad one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The early Pilot transmissions were known for torque converter shudder. The answer then was to do multiple ATF drain and refill services. Your 2013 with only 102k miles should have plenty of life left, if properly maintained. You first step should be to have the trans drained and refilled with Honda DW 1 fluid. Some members of this forum also like to use Valvoline Maxlife ATF fluid. If you are behind on the fluid changes, it wouldn't hurt to do this procedure 3 times, as recommended by Honda. Using a power flush machine is not recommended.

·
Registered
661 Posts
No trouble code P0740 I did however find this over the weekend. Not sure why this boot looks oily, none of the others did.
Upon first glance, it looks like the inner CV boot is leaking grease, but... your oil filter housing up top is also wet. So, not sure if the leak is coming from up top and dripping onto the boot, or if the boot is just slinging grease everywhere. Is your oil filter on tight?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel pretty silly, I didnt check the oil filer. I did install and it is hand tight, no wrench was used. But eh filter didnt look wet so I didnt think that was the source.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I feel pretty silly, I didnt check the oil filer. I did install and it is hand tight, no wrench was used. But eh filter didnt look wet so I didnt think that was the source.
FRAM filter?

Ewwwww.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a development, Monday it was -2F and I noticed that while driving around 45mph to 55mph there was a vibration and it didnt seem to matter if I gave it more throttle to make the trans shift. After a stop light it seemed to lessen substantially but it was still lingering at the same speed range.
I have since ordered a new Pass Side axle and plan on installing asap.
I've not driven it since (away for work) but will be driving it again tomorrow and will update on condition as found.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a development, Monday it was -2F and I noticed that while driving around 45mph to 55mph there was a vibration and it didnt seem to matter if I gave it more throttle to make the trans shift. After a stop light it seemed to lessen substantially but it was still lingering at the same speed range.
I have since ordered a new Pass Side axle and plan on installing asap.
I've not driven it since (away for work) but will be driving it again tomorrow and will update on condition as found.
Any luck? Also having this issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts