Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a 04 Pilot a few days ago. Test drove it and ran good. On the drive back home made it 25/30 minutes down the highway. All the sudden it revved really high and lost acceleration. Got it to the shoulder and put it in park. Pushed trans fluid out from somewhere. Tried to reverse and all drive gears. Would not move but rev high. Had it towed to my house. Next day I looked it over and decided to drive it around close to home. It drove great all day. Later that evening took it to the gas station on my way back did the same thing again. Luckily was able to get it home. Next day I took off the automatic solenoid and the a and b solenoid. (located to the left of the automatic solenoid under coolant lines and housing) Cleaned them really well and put them back in. Drained and filled trans. Drove it for maybe 25 minutes and did the same thing. Curious if anyone has an answer for this. Maybe had the same problem and resolved it. I know worst case either rebuild or buy a used one. Sucks because it's out of my budget. Of course can't reach the guy I purchased it from. Thanks for reading and any advice y'all can give.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,587 Posts
When a transmission slips like that it’s toast. You could try to change the fluid but it’s gonna happen again. Especially because it’s a 2004. Sorry that happened.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
I won't rub salt in the wound with the reminder to always get a potential used vehicle purchase inspected by a trusted mechanic before handing over your hard-earned cash to someone you may or may not see again.

But with empathy I do suggest you start looking around for trusted transmission shops, because having swapped out the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches with no joy, it looks like that's where you're at now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts