Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Pilot Touring.

Yesterday, I got into the car and tried to shift into reverse. The rocker switch wouldn't move like normal. There was no spring to it. I eventually realized that it would still move, but just not like normal. I got the car into reverse, and went on my way.

After I arrived at my destination, I got a transmission system error on the dash. The car was driving fine. After that, when switching to reverse, the backup camera quit working. It would not come onto the screen in reverse.

Has this happened to anybody else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. I have a 2016 Elite and it happened to me on a cold morning the other day. The reverse switch won't engage for a few minutes. I tried turning the engine on or off and it won't engage. However after a few tries, it did engaged. I brought it then to dealership for them to look at it. But they weren't able to duplicate the problem. I just hope it doesn't happen again somewhere help will be hard to get. They suggested to take a video if it ever happens again so they know what is going on. At this point just keep your phone nearby if that happens again so you can take some videos of it. Has anyone experienced this too?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me it’s not that it won’t switch into reverse, it’s just that there is something wrong with the switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts