Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Just for fun I tried the paperclip in the OBD port to see what the transmission trouble code is saying. I'm getting a P0780 from my phone code scanner, the blinking D indicates a code 45 (mechanical problem in hydraulic system). The CEL light blinks 7 long times (70?), and the VTM light gives me 2 codes: 22 (right front wheel sensor?) and 77 (defective PCM?)

The troubleshooting section on code P0780 says to replace shift solenoid A (which I did a few weeks ago) and then to replace clutch pressure valves A/B, which is the one part I haven't replaced yet, only cleaned the fouled screens. So I've ordered one, as a last-ditch effort to try to save this thing, or at least get it to the dealer.

But what about the blinking codes for the VTM light? I wonder if they're just ghost errors caused by the other errors, or if there's actually something wrong with the VTM system.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
But what about the blinking codes for the VTM light? I wonder if they're just ghost errors caused by the other errors, or if there's actually something wrong with the VTM system.
Usually the former.

Here's hoping your Hail Mary pass turns out to be a game winner.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts