Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2008 has a sparatic issue with her ex 2wd. She is saying that when she goes from park to D or R that it wont engage when she let's off the brake. She pushes on the gas it supposedly wont even rev, like the gas pedal isn't working. It has been going on for a month or so. Everytime I get into it, it engages exactly like it should. I even feel it shift and then let my foot off the brake and it moves in the desired direction. I did some general research and found that sometimes the shifting lever would be stuck and unable to move but hers is fine it move as was designed. Any thoughts on what the issue is before I have to spent money on a hunch and it's not the problem?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
This should probably help, from page 201 of the Owner's Manual:

Maybe observe her while she's doing it to confirm she's doing it correctly.

It's been known to happen. :)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that the switch is adjustable for brake pedal depression depth. You may just need to readjust the depth of the brake pedal depression to activate the switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that the switch is adjustable for brake pedal depression depth. You may just need to readjust the depth of the brake pedal depression to activate the switch.
She is able to move the shifting lever, I am assuming that if the brake is depressed or partially depressed you can move the lever. Do you think that it is partially depressed that it is allowing the lever to move but not letting it change gears?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
She is able to move the shifting lever, I am assuming that if the brake is depressed or partially depressed you can move the lever. Do you think that it is partially depressed that it is allowing the lever to move but not letting it change gears?
No I Don’t think so. I don’t know if the 2008 has mechanical or electronic linkage from the shifter to the transmission. If it is mechanical then it could just need to be adjusted. If electrical then you are looking at a parts replacement if it is the linkage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts