Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pilot has 6000 miles and we noticed transmission fluid leak. We took to the dealer yesterday and this is the first time they've seen this. They think it is an O-ring, but apparently a real job to get to it. They anticipate having the car at least a week. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
964 Posts
svhrmgr said:
My Pilot has 6000 miles and we noticed transmission fluid leak. We took to the dealer yesterday and this is the first time they've seen this. They think it is an O-ring, but apparently a real job to get to it. They anticipate having the car at least a week. Has anyone else had this problem?
Check out this thread. Maybe, if you/they're lucky it's just some packing grease melting?? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Transmission replacement 6000miles

Just to give everyone an update....they did the O-ring replacement and called yesterday and said that didn't take care of the problem so they are replacing the transmission.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Sorry to hear about the leak you have. Now the million dollar question is, are they gonna put in a new transmission or are they gonna put in a refurbished one?

It doesn't look like this guy knows :confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
FLPilot said:
Sorry to hear about the leak you have. Now the million dollar question is, are they gonna put in a new transmission or are they gonna put in a refurbished one?

It doesn't look like this guy knows :confused:

May not be so easy to find a refurbished one yet:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer has indicated that they ordered a "new" transmission. I just assumed. Is there anyway that I'd know if it wasn't a new transmission?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
svhrmgr said:
The dealer has indicated that they ordered a "new" transmission. I just assumed. Is there anyway that I'd know if it wasn't a new transmission?
I don't think so. Remember they will probably just replace the inside guts of the transmission and not the outside shell. The outside shell might have your VIN# stamped on it, that is the only reason I bring it up.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
FLPilot said:

I don't think so. Remember they will probably just replace the inside guts of the transmission and not the outside shell. The outside shell might have your VIN# stamped on it, that is the only reason I bring it up.
I am fairly sure they will swap the transmission.
I doubt Honda wants to risk having a dealer mechanic spend hours on warrenty work without any assurance of fixing the problem.
It is much cheaper and the quallity is much better when they swap the whole unit.

If the vin is on the transmission then the new one will either get a VIN tag or be noted as a replacment.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
N_Jay said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

If the vin is on the transmission then the new one will either get a VIN tag or be noted as a replacment.
Hmmm... didn't realize that the Xmission has its own number... Now I do!!! :p

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The leak wasn't bad at all. My husband had noticed four or five little stains on our driveway where I park and then began to check it out and identified it was transmission fluid. I don't think there was really any damage to the transmission - it drove fine. But of course, it wasn't right. WE got it back last night - everything seems fine so far.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Glad to hear that you got your baby back and that they took care of the problem.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
kemosabe said:

Hmmm... didn't realize that the Xmission has its own number... Now I do!!! :p
Engines and Transmissions have had serial number from before there were all the mandatory VIN requirments.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine leaks also

My pilot Trans leaks also. I took it in to get the oil changed and the Dealership found the leak. They fixed it the next day and it worked okay until today it is leaking again, I can't believe this. Did you ever get your Pilot fixed?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine seems to be fixed. They replaced the transmission about 1000 miles ago and we haven't noticed any leaks since. Originally, they attempted to replace an O-ring, but they called me the next day and said that didn't appear to fix the problem and ordered a new transmission. So far, so good. The dealer indicated that this was the first problem of this nature they had seen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well this problem doesn't appear to be fixed on the 2004 model.
Tonight I noticed that my wife's Pilot was leaking transmission fluid.

I thought I bought a Honda.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stil leaking...

Mine is leaking since the very first months of use. In the first oil change they said it was some kind of grease melting from it. They said the same thing on the second oil change. I checked it recently and the leak is there. I will be doing the next oil change next month and will talk to a manager about this problem. Sometimes the service advisors are not that commited to solve your problems...

:mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts