Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Scotty talking about at the 2:10 mark?

I have 120k on mine and am trying to decide whether to get a new set of tires and new compliance bushings, or sell (if transmission issues are in the offing in the next 15K-20K miles?).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Scotty may be talking about the first gen model. The second gems have common problems but I have never heard of the transmission being a common problem. Of course as a car ages anything can go at any time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a 2012 Honda Crosstour V6 5 speed with 230k and it's still flying down the highway. Are you having any problems or shifting issues? Have you changed the Transmission Fluid?
Scotty is saying that it might not shift as smooth as it did when it's new. I don't know, I don't have a new 5 Speed Crosstour to compare it to. In other words, its still shifting smoothly. We started using Valvoline Maxlife ATF when it had just over 100k miles. That's almost 130k miles ago.
Have you disabled the VCM?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2012 Honda Crosstour V6 5 speed with 230k and it's still flying down the highway. Are you having any problems or shifting issues? Have you changed the Transmission Fluid?
Scotty is saying that it might not shift as smooth as it did when it's new. I don't know, I don't have a new 5 Speed Crosstour to compare it to. In other words, its still shifting smoothly. We started using Valvoline Maxlife ATF when it had just over 100k miles. That's almost 130k miles ago.
Have you disabled the VCM?
No issues. I have not disabled VCM - I am a very light touch driver, and the VCM is often on while Im driving - averaging 24+MPG on full gas tanks....

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
No issues. I have not disabled VCM - I am a very light touch driver, and the VCM is often on while Im driving - averaging 24+MPG on full gas tanks....
Disable the VCM, keep your maintenance up and with your easy touch driving, your Pilot should still be going strong to hand down to your children.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Scotty Kilmer is best for entertainment value, not for factual information. Take EVERYTHING he says with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Scotty Kilmer is best for entertainment value, not for factual information. Take EVERYTHING he says with a grain of salt.
He's fun to watch (hands in the air), I may have been influenced by him a couple of times but I've gone against his advice on several occasions. I bought a used BMW. I bought a salvage title vehicle. I buy parts online. I guess I don't value my money. Enslaved to endless money pits. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts