Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to find the proper type of transmission fluid to put in my 2006 pilots transmission, I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,251 Posts
I’ve been trying to find the proper type of transmission fluid to put in my 2006 pilots transmission, I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.
And you think you’ll get a definitive answer here.🤣. If you look at all the tranny fluid threads there’s a group loyal to OEM and another group loyal to Valvoline Max Life. OEM fluid has done my Pilot fine, but it lives a pampered life.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
And you think you’ll get a definitive answer here.🤣. If you look at all the tranny fluid threads there’s a group loyal to OEM and another group loyal to Valvoline Max Life. OEM fluid has done my Pilot fine, but it lives a pampered life.
I gave a simple straight answer. No need to complicate things. :D

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,625 Posts
I will say VML has made my transmission shift much harsher than DW-1. I don’t know if it is harming the transmission but I feel each shift much more.

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
I will say VML has made my transmission shift much harsher than DW-1. I don’t know if it is harming the transmission but I feel each shift much more.
You likely need to do another drain and fill. Maybe 2. How much old DW-1 do you still have in your transmission?

·
Registered
11,775 Posts

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
Be sure and post the back of the bottle too. Some important info on the back.
View attachment 153367
Once and for all, read the components list in the MSDS for maxlife atf:

It includes DISTILLATES (PETROLEUM), LUBRICATING OILS, PETROLEUM, PETROLEUM DISTILLATES.

Are we done with the nonsense about "it's better because it's full synthetic"?
Even if it's "full synthetic", it still contains petroleum oil/products.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
Once and for all, read the components list in the MSDS for maxlife atf:

It includes DISTILLATES (PETROLEUM), LUBRICATING OILS, PETROLEUM, PETROLEUM DISTILLATES.

Are we done with the nonsense about "it's better because it's full synthetic"?
Even if it's "full synthetic", it still contains petroleum oil/products.
synthetic = synthesized petroleum
Contains petroleum = not synthesized.
What else can explain the success of VML? It's a synthetic ATF. Obviously DW-1 is not.

·
Registered
9,923 Posts
synthetic = synthesized petroleum
Contains petroleum = not synthesized.
What else can explain the success of VML? It's a synthetic ATF. Obviously DW-1 is not.
From what is the "synthesized petroleum" synthesized?
We've been over this before.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,532 Posts
Valvoline MaxLife ATF is $17.97 per gallon at Wal-Mart.
View attachment 153358
Wow, where did you find that? Looks great, and just what I want! I'm running out tomorrow morning as early as I can and stocking up!

Edit: Spoke too quickly. Thought it was AT-205. VML, ah halready got one.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts