Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got a 2011 LX Pilot and just to be safe and want to change the transmission fluid but some people said that I have to change the filter as well, and I can't find the location or tutorial, Does anybody knows where is the filter? and Do I have to replace it?, or I'm good only changing the fluid. Please Help

·
Registered
960 Posts
I believe the auxiliary filter housing is located on top of the transmission, hidden by the battery tray. Should be a replaceable filter element.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi, I got a 2011 LX Pilot and just to be safe and want to change the transmission fluid but some people said that I have to change the filter as well, and I can't find the location or tutorial, Does anybody knows where is the filter? and Do I have to replace it?, or I'm good only changing the fluid. Please Help
There is no filter to change. There is one internally but you have to seperate the transmission to get to it. Just change the fluid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tahoefever

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There is no filter to change. There is one internally but you have to seperate the transmission to get to it. Just change the fluid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
X2 on this one only the 1st Gen has the filter ..just fluid and go

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts
If it doesn't have that you can find you can add a Magnefine pretty easy normally. Check the tranny hoses coming from radiator and/or cooler. If you see a round small canister that is filter. Many don't list it or know.

My sons '04 CRV has one, my 2019 Pilot has one https://www.hondapartsnow.com/oem-honda-pilot-automatic_transmission_filter.html my sons actually rusted and started leaking.

On my old Sequoia many added the magnefine as factory was just a screen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts