Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have 08 Honda pilot 3.5 4WD I am told that it has the model # BVGA transmission according to the Vin # but what I need to know is Where is the external transmission filter is located on the transmission?
Please and thank you much
You guys have been my go to for everything with us on this concern I had never owned one my first time on the import do you all have helped me so much
I known nothing about this Automobile

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,047 Posts
I believe starting in 2006 the tranny filter is only accessible with the tranny separated from the engine.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,047 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't think that the 2008 Pilot had the BVGA transmission? That transmission was used in 2003, and maybe 2004?

I just tried to look up this detail, and I confess that I am unable to determine online just what transmission was used in your Pilot. I do know that the early BVGA used in 2003 was modified year-by-year to address reliability issues. Gear ratios were changed, clutch pack diameters changed, lubrication was improved-first with an external oil pipe, and later with internal changes. The computer programming that controls the transmission was also updated and changed from year to year. If you are shopping for a replacement unit, make sure that your supplier is able to accurately determine that the unit will work on your Pilot.

I am not necessarily suggesting that you purchase a used transmission, but you can use the search engine on the used parts website car-part.com to check on compatibility. Enter in the details of your Pilot and search for used transmissions available. Compatible types and years for your Pilot will be displayed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you get any clarification on this in the end? I have an 06 and I’m hoping I can replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts