Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 2004 Honda Pilot from auction with a bad transmission. The truck wouldn't move and the D was flashing. I changed all the solenoids and drained and refill 4 quarts. The fluid was black and all the solenoids screens were blocked. I drove the truck last night and it shifted through gears but from second to third was slipping and No reverse gear. I want to drain and refill fluid 2 more times but how I only drove 5 miles. How many miles per fluid drain and refill I need to drive before draining again? That fluid was black and smelt burned!! Thanks 馃槉

Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
Sorry to break it to you but generally once a transmission starts slipping like that, that means it鈥檚 toast. Plus it鈥檚 a 2004 so it has the weaker transmission known to fail.

Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
I bought an 2004 Honda Pilot from auction with a bad transmission. The truck wouldn't move and the D was flashing. I changed all the solenoids and drained and refill 4 quarts. The fluid was black and all the solenoids screens were blocked. I drove the truck last night and it shifted through gears but from second to third was slipping and No reverse gear. I want to drain and refill fluid 2 more times but how I only drove 5 miles. How many miles per fluid drain and refill I need to drive before draining again? That fluid was black and smelt burned!! Thanks 馃槉
Sorry to break it to you but generally once a transmission starts slipping like that, that means it鈥檚 toast. Plus it鈥檚 a 2004 so it has the weaker transmission known to fail.
Yeah/Naw- You can sit and go thru the gears and get the tranny fluid mixed.

good luck.

Registered
No reverse usually equals game over for a transmission.
What's the milage?

Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens peque帽o sparus tyre.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts