Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!,,, Im new here but have a 2005 honda pilot that has 350.000 original miles on it and still running great. ,,, Until today, :( Im told the transfer case went up,,,, I was driving along, something kinda grinded , then a loud noise, then had barely any response out of transmission. My mechanic ran out to where I was to check it out and he said he believes the transfer case went out. I get home and look up online videos of how to replace it if I was to do it myself. I cant find anythingrelated video wise, Any recommendations, suggestions would be greatlyn appreciated. Thanks, Trymee

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,945 Posts
I believe the transfer case is integrated with the tranny on the 2005 Pilot since the transfer case gets lubricated with the fluid from the tranny. Someone with more knowledge can confirm if my understanding is correct.
You might go to hondaautomotiveparts.com and look up the parts diagrams to see if the transfer case can be purchased as a separate item.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hello all!!,,, Im new here but have a 2005 honda pilot that has 350.000 original miles on it and still running great. ,,, Until today, :( Im told the transfer case went up,,,, I was driving along, something kinda grinded , then a loud noise, then had barely any response out of transmission. My mechanic ran out to where I was to check it out and he said he believes the transfer case went out. I get home and look up online videos of how to replace it if I was to do it myself. I cant find anythingrelated video wise, Any recommendations, suggestions would be greatlyn appreciated. Thanks, Trymee
I bet that you can get a decent used one from a junkyard. Ask your mechanic, or look it up on Car-part.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts